Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been a big fan of Craiglist until today. Yesterday there was an ad for a DeBernardi track frame with wheels and cranks in Dallas. The guy wanted $150 for the whole thing... The picture was pretty grainy but I told the guy I'd buy it. I never had any intentions of keeping it(too big). I'm going to clean it up and part it out on eBay...(NO TouchOGray it doesn't count as a new bike:p )

I picked it up today..

The frame has some paint chips but overall it is in great shape..The gold paint looks very cool. In addition to the frame, I also got some track wheels. Suntour Sprint track hubs laced to Weinmann rims.. The cranks are Sugino GLP track cranks with 2 Suntour Superbe rings and 1 Sugino ring...

If I get lucky, I should make a couple hundred off this transaction.

Below is a picture of the frame after I cleaned it up

·
What the Hell is going on
5,284 Posts
Just curious

. . . what size is that frame? I like the gole paint.

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,668 Posts
Dave, I never thought I would see the day where you would own a frame that fit me...

Very nice. I wish I would have seen that ad first.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,964 Posts
shoot and it's too big for me too....dam! Although my Bianchi is a 53 CM and my Langster is 52.....Dave, how tall are you?

I guess buying and selling is ok.....(so is just buying ....iff'n you can get away with it!)

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Touch0Gray said:
shoot and it's too big for me too....dam! Although my Bianchi is a 53 CM and my Langster is 52.....Dave, how tall are you?

I guess buying and selling is ok.....(so is just buying ....iff'n you can get away with it!)
I'm 5'7". I could probably make this bike fit but I really did just buy it to flip it.

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
omg... and its my size...
AAAARGH.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,964 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
I'm 5'7". I could probably make this bike fit but I really did just buy it to flip it.

hmmmmm, I'm 5'5" but I have long legs and long arms.... (somewhere in the past I had monkey ancestors....)...Naw....too big, if I wanted to MAKE a bike do I would have kept that Madonne frame that my friend gave me. I'm looking around for a steel track frame, that langster is so harsh....(shhhhhhhhhhhhhh PLEASE don't tell my wife)

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
Dave, did the guy give you any history. My old roommate had that EXACT bike in that size. This was around 1998.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
warmseth said:
gorgeous and my size too. what are you looking to get for it on ebay?
It's listed right now...If any RBR members are intersted, I'll lower the Buy it Now to $300. I'll pay shipping. I can only do this before the reserve is met so PM me pretty quick if interested..

·
Frog Whisperer
40,964 Posts
Dave.....ok I relayed the story to my wife....and she says It COUNTS!!!!!!!! You got to BUY it......(The thrill of the chase, you know...)

THEN I ran a search on Ebay for yor name to see the bike's add....and lo and behold....

Air Guitar by Dave Hickey (1997)

YOUR SECRET IS OUT!!!!!!!!!

·
Frog Whisperer
40,964 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
I wouldn't worry about it. Keirin frames are stout. Put a top tube protector on and you'll never know it's there. My Panasonic has one...

AHA...THAT's What the top tube protector is REALLY for, not to protect from ding's but to hide them!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts