Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will these work on non-recessed shoe soles? Looking into clipless options. Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Do you mean like road shoes? Look at the Quattro pedals and their cleats. The cleats are universal with all CB pedals and you can use a second set of MTB shoes w/ their other cleats as well. Switched over all my bikes and shoes from SpeedPlays as they are much more commuter/cross friendly. No regrets a year on.

·
Old enough to know better
720 Posts
CB makes two sets of cleats these days. You want to get the "road" cleat. Same brass / metal cleat just has two pieces of rubber that allow you to walk on the rubber instead of the actual metal cleat. I ve got the road cleats on my carbon road shoes you have CB Eggbeaters (S model) and everything works great.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
deastin said:
CB makes two sets of cleats these days. You want to get the "road" cleat. Same brass / metal cleat just has two pieces of rubber that allow you to walk on the rubber instead of the actual metal cleat. I ve got the road cleats on my carbon road shoes you have CB Eggbeaters (S model) and everything works great.
Three. standard cleats for Mtn shoes,
Road cleats (like standard, only with little rubber pontoons for walkability), and
Quattro cleats, also for road shoes, that create a more complete surround and better platform for interfacing with the Quattro pedal.

Practically speaking, they all interchange with the various pedals freely.

·
Old enough to know better
720 Posts
danl1 said:
Three. standard cleats for Mtn shoes,
Road cleats (like standard, only with little rubber pontoons for walkability), and
Quattro cleats, also for road shoes, that create a more complete surround and better platform for interfacing with the Quattro pedal.

Practically speaking, they all interchange with the various pedals freely.

You are correct. I totally forgot about the Quattro cleats.
Regardless I think we both got the question answered tho :thumbsup:

·
Two scoops of inertia.
529 Posts
quattro cleats also rest rather comforably on the eggbeater "body" as well, just less contact.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts