Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'll be honest. I fell over. Left myself clipped in the right pedal and fell over. Somehow, in the fall, the metal gaurd on the outside of the quatro pedal (right side on the picture) is half off (attached to the front on the picture, and loose on the back) and a small greased metal disk (I know I should know what its called but can't remember), fell out.

How badly damaged does this sound? Is this repairable or will I need a new pedal?

Thanks

·
Registered
704 Posts
Suggest you email Crank Bros, fess up that you fell on it and see what they offer. I've been riding their pedals for three years now, got them on all my bikes and they've always got back to me quickly on my (admittedly few) email queries.

Oddly enough, I just got some Quattros and found that their shorter spindle doesn't suit me as well as the longer spindle length on the Eggies/Candys I've been riding. Could be a cheapy pair of Quattros on the market soon ... Bummer, they are really nice otherwise.

Hope that helps

Dereck

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dereck said:
Suggest you email Crank Bros, fess up that you fell on it and see what they offer. I've been riding their pedals for three years now, got them on all my bikes and they've always got back to me quickly on my (admittedly few) email queries.

Oddly enough, I just got some Quattros and found that their shorter spindle doesn't suit me as well as the longer spindle length on the Eggies/Candys I've been riding. Could be a cheapy pair of Quattros on the market soon ... Bummer, they are really nice otherwise.

Hope that helps

Dereck
Thanks, I will call them. I am takign the bike in for a check-up later today. I bought it used and have had it a week - I think it needs a full going over by a professional. I'll ask him what he thinks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.