Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
1,475 Posts
I have about 6-7k miles on my team issue. I haven't had any problems with it or the bb. It looks good, it's stiff and the the shifting remains spot on. You could say I like it and it was alot cheaper than the ShimaNO. In all fairness I haven't ridden a bike with the 7800 crank on it. My ride buddy has the Simplex pulsion crank on his bike which is pretty sweet. I'd stay away from FSA's newer offerings. They seem to have alot of qc problems.

· Registered
180 Posts
Then again, I've got an ISIS compact crankset and BB pairing from FSA and have absolutely no problems with it whatsoever. High quality offerings from either company are excellent - it just depends on what your preference is. Personally, I'm not sold on the outboard bearing design that everyone seems to have jumped on. ISIS bottom brackets have a reputation for shortened lifespans, but the outboard BB are just as prone to failure. My suspicion is that cheap and crappy ISIS bottom brackets have given rise to this nefarious perception, but my experience has shown me that the nicer ones (not necessarily the most expensive titanium versions) work really well.

· Registered
162 Posts
FSA Team Pro

I have about 300 miles on my new FSA Team Pro Carbon and no problems. I upgraded from a Ultegra and its a noticable difference in shifting and stiffness. Best of all I got a sweet deal on this about $200 cheaper than Dura Ace.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.