Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RVCA is having a sale on campus today. I checked it out for a little bit and resisted.

"$50 for a button up? Eff that!"

Then this guy comes by... I'm sure he could see the look of disgust in my eyes in regards to the prices, so he decided to clue me in:

"Everything is half off, by the way."

"Damn."

The human brain is a peculiar one. I probably wouldn't even generally spend $25 on a button up. Most of my button ups are from Eddie Bauer. It seems like every week they're on the cusp of going out of business and I get all kinds of nice button ups for like $10 or $15 bucks. I also get a lot of shirts from my dad.

But $25 on one that's marked down from $50? DEAL! I'll take three!

$80 later....

joe

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think this is going to be my new favorite shirt ever:

But this one is pretty nifty too, I think.

As is this one. Rad.

joe

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
WTF is RVCA?

·
Goodbye, Pork Pie Hat
4,614 Posts
I just threw up in my mouth.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bulldozer said:
WTF is RVCA?

Well, according to their website, they are:

RVCA is the brainchild of company Founder and Creative Director, PM Tenore. Transcending the boundaries of traditional action sports apparel, RVCA is a design-driven lifestyle brand free from passing trends. Appearing as a natural on the shelves of boutiques as on those of a local skate shop, RVCA is brought together by a group of likeminded individuals from various subcultures, a collaboration of sorts, a lifestyle within itself.
They sell shirts and board shorts and hats and beanies. When I was racing BMX they were at most of the national races giving away stickers and shirts and stuff. I wasn't sure that they were still around as i rarely see their stuff (I rarely saw it before though, so what do I know?)

A lot of their shirts are really obnoxious with giant prints on them, and a lot of them have RVCA written across them in giant lettering. I really, really hate that. A little tag I can deal with, but if you're not paying me to wear it, I'm not going to be your billboard.

joe

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
2cflyr said:
"crap crap crap" immediately below the "plumbing question" thread?

priceless.
He read the plumbing thread, and decided he should look like a plumber, only pay more so he could be trendy.

$80 later, he realized he spent $80 to look like "Crap, crap, crap."

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
StageHand said:
He read the plumbing thread, and decided he should look like a plumber, only pay more so he could be trendy.

$80 later, he realized he spent $80 to look like "Crap, crap, crap."
well, it all does flow downhill...

·
Goodbye, Pork Pie Hat
4,614 Posts

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
there is a big difference...

between a $50 shirt and a $15 shirt, IME.

One of my favorite button-ups is an RVCA one, I think I paid full price (!!) for it, which was $40-something, but I have had it for 5 years, it's held its color well and still looks crisp.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Y'all are haters. I like the shirts, jerks. That's all that matters :p

joe

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2cflyr said:
associated with flatbar?

I haven't talked to Flatbar in ages. I should give him a call. He's too cool for me now that he's living up in LA.

joe

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
I haven't talked to Flatbar in ages. I should give him a call. He's too cool for me now that he's living up in LA.

joe
didnt realize he was a fellow local- i just remember you calling him a jerk for lurking or something.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts