Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AllezCat and I have been invited to a "crappy movie night". Each attendee has been asked to make recommendations for said crappy movies. By crappy movie, I mean the kind that gets funnier and funnier as you have more homebrew beer, just because it's so stupid and overblown, not the kind that makes you want to gouge your eyeballs out.

The last crappy movie we watched was "Night of the Lepus", a campy 70s flick about mutant rabbits. Much fun was had laughing at the horrible production quality and exaggerated acting.

So....recommend me some laughable crappy movies, Loungerz :thumbsup:

·
What the what???
12,757 Posts
Watchmen - decent special effects to keep you from gouging your eyes out, but the dialogue and the attempt to capture a film noir vibe are pretty awful.

·
hello
3,394 Posts
The Blob

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Chain said:
American Flyers
Ouch, besides only roadies would get it. Of course Kevin Costner in a mustache is always worth a giggle.

I vote "I'm gonna get you sucka!"

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
Saw 'Valkyrie' on a flight recently. Tom Cruise with an eyepatch. Yep. He dies at the end. Yep.

·
Proud luddite
7,205 Posts
Rent any of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 DVD's. Those movies are perfect for getting drunk and laughing at the comments made.

·
Off the back
1,850 Posts
I'd go older movie that nobody heard about. Try "The Land That Time Forgot" from the mid-70's. Decent story and acting, but the cheesiest of special effects, both sight and sound. Not sure if you can find it on dvd (don't get the '09 remake). You will laugh your a$$ off.

·
p != b
2,303 Posts
Chain said:
American Flyers
I was going to suggest 'Breaking Away'.

My wife managed to sit through American Flyers with me. She got up probably 1/4 way through Breaking Away.

Also, the advent of DVD has made me realize that many of the movies I grew up with and loved are terrible.

Prime example: The Black Hole.

//Tron still rocks though.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I love MST3K! The idea of old cheesy movies appeals to me....I think that "The Land That Time Forgot" and "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" are in the running.

Actually, if you've seen my garden lately, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes would be most appropriate...

Keep 'em coming...these are great ideas!

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Opus51569 said:
Watchmen - decent special effects to keep you from gouging your eyes out, but the dialogue and the attempt to capture a film noir vibe are pretty awful.
rorschach: put some pants on, your big blue wiener is showing

dr. manhat: if only you could perceive my wiener in 4 dimensions as i do

rorschach: that sounds like some kind of hell

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,269 Posts
Can't Stop the Music.

·
Done
4,509 Posts
Becky said:
AllezCat and I have been invited to a "crappy movie night". Each attendee has been asked to make recommendations for said crappy movies. By crappy movie, I mean the kind that gets funnier and funnier as you have more homebrew beer, just because it's so stupid and overblown, not the kind that makes you want to gouge your eyeballs out.

The last crappy movie we watched was "Night of the Lepus", a campy 70s flick about mutant rabbits. Much fun was had laughing at the horrible production quality and exaggerated acting.

"Night of the Lepus" is classic.

Any of the MST3K movies will fill the bill nicely. "Manos: The Hands Of Fate" is exceptionally rotten. And funny.

Some more modern selections include:

"St. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band" - with the Bee Gees, Peter Frampton, Aerosmith, and George Burns. It is a complete train wreck, visually and musically.

"Shakes The Clown" with Bobcat Golthwaite and Julie Brown. It was billed by one reviewer as the "Citizen Kane of alcoholic clown movies." Funny, in a disturbing and offensive kind of way.

"Barbarella" with Jane Fonda. The sixties meet sci-fi and space sex.

The worst....Piranha 3: The Spawning. Piranha somehow mate with Flying Fish, resulting in a flock of fake rubber fish with wings and teeth that fly around menacing a seaside community. Truly bad - on par with Night of the Lepus.

·
rooster rubber
625 Posts
"They Live"

A campy classic.
Rowdy Roddy Piper could kick Chuck's a$$.

·
Burning Fists of Love
6,899 Posts
Easy Answer

Becky said:

1)Terror of Tiny Town (midget Western)
2)Sante Sangre (surrealist film)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts