Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· More carbon fiber please!
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been twiddling my thumbs since paying for a Garmin Edge 500 bundle at the very end of May. The timeframe for it to show up has passed. I live at most 5 hours from where the shop is at in the Chicago area. I'd sent at least two if not three messages to them via eBay asking where it was at. Not a peep. I left two voicemails. Not a peep. Found them on Facebook and unbelievably they found time in their busy schedule of Facebook posting to reply. Their story is that a mass shipment of Garmins they sent out somehow has been lost in transit by the USPS. Fine, that stuff happens. But does that exclude a business from any responsible act after that... such as letting their customers know what's going on? They offered to send out a Team or blue head/bundle to me Priority Mail. Great, except I needed it by tomorrow and Priority won't get it done. So, I can just wait another week or so for them to get a shipment in and hope they don't get "lost" again. What a crock. I'm 100% certain they'd never have replied to me and just either waited for a Paypal/eBay dispute to be opened (which I also did due to no reply from them) or for them to eventually ship (if this is a fact they were really lost and not oversold/etc) had I not found them on Facebook. Beware of a lack of customer service should you think of doing business with them.

797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update. I had them ship out a blue one. It arrived of course after the weekend when I really needed it. They said they'd ship the neutral head unit out with a SASE to return the blue one. Well, this was a week ago and they never sent it or would repsond. So, I went ahead and gave them a negative eBay feedback. Suddenly they sent me a message with a USPS tracking number and said they'd shipped out the neutral one. If you look at their feedback they've had 12 negatives in a short time with a similar pattern of no communication and no product. Too bad it takes action to get them to do what they should've done to begin with. Would love to stop and visit this jagoff's shop next trip to Chitown. It would not be a pleasant conversation to say the least. In other words... avoid this place like the plague. If the neutral actually appears and is new I'll probably soil my pants.

797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Latest information: Today the neutral head unit arrived via USPS with a prepaid return envelope for the blue one. I'll do what should be done; it's going back to them right away in the mail tomorrow.

To recap the timeline:

May 30 bought Edge 500 neutral bundle on eBay and paid immediately via PayPal.

June 15 "loaner" blue unit arrives after getting a reply via Facebook of all places. Never got a single reply to phone messages left or eBay/email messages.

June 25 neutral head unit arrives after getting a reply right away when neg eBay feedback left.

Again folks... buy at your own risk. Seems others never got their Garmins and only got a refund after leaving similar negative feedback. Certainly not a good way to get any repeat customers. Let alone first-timers if they read the feedback information before buying.

797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blue CheeseHead said:
I pretty much shy away form any E-Bay'er with less than 99% good feedback.
Yep. Their feedback was very good. Now they've hosed roughly a dozen folks in the last month alone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.