Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Monday is a day that I will never forget. I fell victim to a crash that took the life of my beloved racing frameset - a Pegoretti CCKMP. Luckily, I escaped with only some muscle strains, a swollen knee, and a painful hip. You should have seen my helmet.

Anyway, I feel much better, and I have just come to address my problem. My frame is totaled, and my club's race is in 2 weeks. I need some recommendations on a racing frameset.

I am thinking about another Cannondale, if I can find one on Ebay or on gvhbikes.com. Also, I'm thinking about a Specialized E5 or a Fondriest aluminum frameset. My LBS can get me a giant TCR Aluminum or Carbon, but it will take 2 weeks. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
 

·
The Edge
Joined
·
205 Posts
try a Leader bike. I've heard a lot about them. Seem to have very similar geometry to the Cannondale at about 1/4 the cost.
 

·
The Edge
Joined
·
205 Posts
Dude, it could have been made from braided re-bar and still have been totalled if it was in the truck (I'm assuming on your way to a ride or something). If it was totalled just riding and you crashed while on the bike, you need to get a replacement frame with some more durability. My little 7005 Felt F75 frame has taken 3 crashes and has held alignment every time. Gotta love crits in the Crash 5s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
niteschaos said:
Dude, it could have been made from braided re-bar and still have been totalled if it was in the truck (I'm assuming on your way to a ride or something). If it was totalled just riding and you crashed while on the bike, you need to get a replacement frame with some more durability. My little 7005 Felt F75 frame has taken 3 crashes and has held alignment every time. Gotta love crits in the Crash 5s.
I was hit by a truck. It wsa a hit and run. Sorry for not being so clear.
 

·
The Edge
Joined
·
205 Posts
Then I am so glad you didn't break anything permanently attached! My next bike is a Cannondale. There has got to be a reason why they are so popular.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,939 Posts
Gvh...

GVH's prices on C'Dales are very competative. As a matter of fact, his prices are damn good across the entire inventory. You could find cheaper on e-Bay but you may have to wait for your size to come up and then go through bidding & waiting. E-Bay is not a good place to find something that you need in two weeks. You end up frustrated and bidding more than you should. Then you'l be getting something used with an unknown history.

BTW: Glad to hear you are all right after the incident.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
niteschaos said:
Then I am so glad you didn't break anything permanently attached! My next bike is a Cannondale. There has got to be a reason why they are so popular.
Thanks for the reply. Cannondales are very popular in my local race scene, too. Hopefully, I'll have some luck finding something. I was definitely lucky I wasn't more seriously injured.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
biknben said:
GVH's prices on C'Dales are very competative. As a matter of fact, his prices are damn good across the entire inventory. You could find cheaper on e-Bay but you may have to wait for your size to come up and then go through bidding & waiting. E-Bay is not a good place to find something that you need in two weeks. You end up frustrated and bidding more than you should. Then you'l be getting something used with an unknown history.

BTW: Glad to hear you are all right after the incident.

Good call about the time needed for Ebay. I'm also considering RAcycles, possibly an S-Works E-5 frameset.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
I have a frame

Franchise said:
I was hit by a truck. It wsa a hit and run. Sorry for not being so clear.
If your looking for a frame, I'm swapping frames this weekend. It's a C-dale Caad 4 in Esmerald Green, like in GVH. It's a 57cm seat tube with a 56.75cm top tube.

Let me know if it interests you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,126 Posts
Franchise said:
Good call about the time needed for Ebay. I'm also considering RAcycles, possibly an S-Works E-5 frameset.

What size frame do you need, and what is your budget? I may be able to help if I knew what you were looking for and what you were interested in.

Russ
 

·
Every little counts...
Joined
·
3,924 Posts
Get another Pegoretti. Nothing will match it!

Okay, if yer looking for a race frame, and you are familiar with GVH, look at a Viner. Airplane or whatever. Alot raced around here, they look very nice. Put a V107 frame up against a Merak and you can't really tell much difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
russw19 said:
What size frame do you need, and what is your budget? I may be able to help if I knew what you were looking for and what you were interested in.

Russ
Russ,
I am looking for a 56cm Frameset(Specialized or Cannondale) or something that would be the equivalent. One of my other bikes is a 56cm Pinarello, and that is what I am basing my sizing on. My budget is really anything around $1K. Let me know if you can help. By the way, still love the pics of your Paris in the Pinarello forum. I'll have to post pics of my bike in the near future.

Francis
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Spunout said:
Get another Pegoretti. Nothing will match it!

Okay, if yer looking for a race frame, and you are familiar with GVH, look at a Viner. Airplane or whatever. Alot raced around here, they look very nice. Put a V107 frame up against a Merak and you can't really tell much difference.
Gotcha. I never really checked out the Viner on GVH. I didn't really know too much about that builder. Thanks for the recommendation.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top