Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to train for a 230 mile bike ride. The ride will be in 50 days. Currently I can maintain a 16.5 mph pace over a 45 mile ride with 2000 feet of climbing.

The ride schedule is 90 miles on day 1 and 2 and 50 on the last day. We will be climbing about 5000 - 6000 feet per day.

Ideally I would like to be a little faster and obviously able to handle the distance. I have time to train. Any ideas on a training regimen? I would like to maximize the time spent on the bike. I also do not want to overtrain. I am trying to get back in to shape.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Ken

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
If you don't want to overtrain, and want to really feel good over multiple days, first stop worrying about your average speed. If you can ride 75 miles or so comfortably now and still ride the next day, you are on track and should focus on your climbing.

If you are riding back to back longer rides with hills on the weekends, there's little substitute for just keeping that up.

I've known more folks who have screwed themselves up (esp. here in Colorado ) by training with too much emphasis on 1) steep hills or 2) speed at the expense of just being comfortable with back-to-back long days in the saddle.

·
Registered
52 Posts
From the thread subject, I thought you wanted to learn how to fall off your bike gracefully ;)

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
surista said:
From the thread subject, I thought you wanted to learn how to fall off your bike gracefully ;)

Is there a way to do that???:D

·
Registered
581 Posts
it's easy

just dont land on your face.............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts