Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, on the same day I buy a Nike running shirt that is a loose medium, I get a Craft Cycling jersey that I ordered in the mail. I know that these things run small so I ordered a XXXL.... Its too small.

Just sharing.

· Steaming piles of opinion
10,520 Posts
solorider said:
So, on the same day I buy a Nike running shirt that is a loose medium, I get a Craft Cycling jersey that I ordered in the mail. I know that these things run small so I ordered a XXXL.... Its too small.

Just sharing.
Made for their audience. When something's meant to someone with low-single digit body fat and little to no upper body muscle, and to fit skin-tight at that, it's going to run a bit small. And elite cycling doesn't tend to self-select the Maggie Backstedts among us, so the traditional sizing only needs to accomodate a certain size body.

It's a bit like moaning that horse racing jockey silks run small. But yeah, I'm with you. What's worse is that different lines from the same maker will have crazy different sizing, and it's not always apparent at time of purchase which is which.

· Registered
5,358 Posts
Most cycling clothing makers publish sizing charts.

Remember that cycling clothing is supposed to fit snug.

The sizing is wierd on the other end too- I think that it's silly that as a 6' tall guy I have to buy small shorts and jerseys to get stuff that isn't loose and flappy.

· Registered
8,116 Posts
Those charts are a joke. Per charts, I should wear medium castelli bibs, but there is no way I could stand up in them.

I believe Nike expanded the size of their noncycling clothes. I am now swimming in their medium shirts.

ericm979 said:
Most cycling clothing makers publish sizing charts.

Remember that cycling clothing is supposed to fit snug.

The sizing is wierd on the other end too- I think that it's silly that as a 6' tall guy I have to buy small shorts and jerseys to get stuff that isn't loose and flappy.

· Registered
1,074 Posts
Nike is geared towards the american market fed by McDonalds
Cycling clothing makes are geared towards Europeans who weigh 50% less than americans on average.

· Registered
5,844 Posts
What irritates me is when clothes made by the same manufacturer do not fit consistently. I ordered a Pearl Izumi jersey on line last week. I felt safe because I have several other PI jerseys and they fit me perfect in size Large, so I ordered a Large. It came in the mail the other day, and it is way too small. It fits like a women's or child's small. Grrrr....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.