Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I've noticed for the past few weeks a creaking noise coming from my 4 year old aluminum bike. It doesn't happen all of the time. It only happens when I'm standing on the pedals or if I'm pedaling hard. Should I worry about anything? I've never heard it before last weekend.

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Noise problem

Tri Slow Poke said:
I've noticed for the past few weeks a creaking noise coming from my 4 year old aluminum bike. It doesn't happen all of the time. It only happens when I'm standing on the pedals or if I'm pedaling hard. Should I worry about anything? I've never heard it before last weekend.
Most likely it's the BB in need of a clean and re-grease, but it could be host of other things. This subject comes up twice a week. Do a search on "click" or "noise" or "creak" etc.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the insightful advice. I always like it when folks hurl insults and name call over the internet. Your identity is hidden so you don't have to worry about standing behind your words. Like you said, we're 13-13,000 miles away.

Seeing as how you just joined last month, I'll assume you just joined to insult and not provide any useful advise. Please do me (and all of us) a favor and not post unless you have something to contribute. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.