Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
ouch. makes my legs hurt just looking at the website.

dude... I dunno... that'a a lot of climbing and 122 miles... omfg....

have you done it before?

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Creakyknees said:
ouch. makes my legs hurt just looking at the website.

dude... I dunno... that'a a lot of climbing and 122 miles... omfg....

have you done it before?
Nope, but it looks like fun, eh? Really, how can it be?

I'll carry your water bottles if that helps.

And throw in a puppy.

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
Well I hafta admit I'm intrigued.... but wow... It's not the climbing, it's the distance... I haven't done that kinda mileage this year at all. Will have to ramp up the miles big time.

Wonder what kind of gearing guys are running. Somehow I don't think a 39x26 is gonna do it.

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Creakyknees said:
Well I hafta admit I'm intrigued.... but wow... It's not the climbing, it's the distance... I haven't done that kinda mileage this year at all. Will have to ramp up the miles big time.

Wonder what kind of gearing guys are running. Somehow I don't think a 39x26 is gonna do it.
For me it's not either day's distance...it's both back to back; I've never done that before. I figure the climbing won't be god-awful, just a lot of it. I would run the 39x25 but that's because I'm too lazy to switch out the cassette. Come day two, I might have to rethink that...

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,265 Posts
You should invite Sogno. She'd love it.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
il sogno said:
I would do this with you guys but I have a pedicure scheduled for that day. :)
Oh damn. I was going to say, if sogno does it, I will too....

·
I want a Road Bike :)
4,111 Posts
"gasp, gasp, gasp, gaaaaaaaaaasp"

·
Registered
152 Posts
Our local club has several members riding. They used the Climb to Kaiser, the Death Ride and our local tour of two parks rides as warmups.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Ummm. No. Thank you.

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
Hollywood said:
fixed.

F. That.

a little over a month to prep? You better be climbing more than Topanga Cyn, hot shot.
oh come on. you're way skinnier than me and you got those mega miles from the ride with Joeh.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Do two empire grade triple crowns back to back and you'll be 60% ready for the challenge. Do them two weekends in a row and you'll be at 80% with a weekend off to rest and recover. Triple crown was 10,000 in 80 miles. Route is somewhere here on rbr. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts