Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I switched to Pedro's "ice wax" chain lube last night from my usual pro link...I just spent 25 miles wondering if the squeaking was ever going to stop. Running it through the chain cleaner, putting pro link back on and never looking back again!

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,419 Posts
meathead said:
I switched to Pedro's "ice wax" chain lube last night from my usual pro link...I just spent 25 miles wondering if the squeaking was ever going to stop. Running it through the chain cleaner, putting pro link back on and never looking back again!
I find that the wax lubes really need to be gobbed on, and left at least 12 hours (longer is better) to get good results.

Even then, I was never really able to get the same results I get with Pro Link, and had to do the "remove chain and clean" routine more. I'm switching to home-brew when my Pro Link runs out, since it sounds like it will be much the same stuff, and way cheaper.

I keep the wax lube around for our Speedplay cleats, though.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,419 Posts
meathead said:
Is the home-brew the mineral spirits and mobile 1 combo?

Throwing the ice xaw on the speedplay cleats myself right now - glad i didn't toss the bottle thanks for the tip!
Yep, that's home brew.

And the Speedplay idea isn't mine--it's in the instructions. You DID read the instructions, right?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha...uhhh...instructions.....riiiiiiiigggghhhht

No i knew to lube the cleats, I've always used finishline or tri-flow. I just meant I'm glad you gave me something else to use the ice-wax on...it's not getting near my chain again:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.