Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS PERSON!!!! NOT ANYTHING!!!!
This guy/girl operates (used to?) out of Salt Lake City, UT. His/her ebay ratings were very good. I bought a set of tires from this person & never received them. I tried to be as courtesous as possible & emailed them over the course of 4 weeks & he/she NEVER responded ONCE to any of my emails at all. They just took my money & probably had a good laugh.
The tires are worth only $18, icluding freight, but it is the principal of the matter. If you put doubt into the minds of buyers, the whole system will eventually fail due to the lack of trust. It also is very unfair to all the honest traders out there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cris Fox

arctic hawk said:
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS PERSON!!!! NOT ANYTHING!!!!
This guy/girl operates (used to?) out of Salt Lake City, UT. His/her ebay ratings were very good. I bought a set of tires from this person & never received them. I tried to be as courtesous as possible & emailed them over the course of 4 weeks & he/she NEVER responded ONCE to any of my emails at all. They just took my money & probably had a good laugh.
The tires are worth only $18, icluding freight, but it is the principal of the matter. If you put doubt into the minds of buyers, the whole system will eventually fail due to the lack of trust. It also is very unfair to all the honest traders out there.
I have known Cris for a long time but have lost touch. He has always delivered on goods and his negatives are the result of his "warm and fuzzy" personality. Now I see that there are delivery problems and he is no longer on EBay. Try Betterbikes on Ebay. He has been aces forever.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
red_ellsworth said:
I have known Cris for a long time but have lost touch. He has always delivered on goods and his negatives are the result of his "warm and fuzzy" personality. Now I see that there are delivery problems and he is no longer on EBay. Try Betterbikes on Ebay. He has been aces forever.
I noticed that he is no longer on Ebay as I tried to leave negative feedback. Thus I turned to this forum & hope to spare someone else of the hassle especially if the items have a high $$ value.
Honestly, I am not one to complain if a person is respectful. If he even emailed me once & told me that it has been sent but could be lost in the mail, I would accept that as things like that can happen, after all $20 is not the end of the world & I would never have made this post.

Thank You Red for the tip on Betterbikes

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
I have bought lots of stuff from Chris. Not intentionally of course, but he changes his eBay account so often, I seem to end up winning his auctions. He definately isn't the happy go lucky sort, rather he is very brash. If the auction works well he is easy to deal with, if not, you are going to have a bad experience. I know of atleast 6 names he has used on eBay that I have bought from. I only had one bad experience with some Gore cables when dealing with him. When he said the set was new, I assumed he meant the small parts bag with the ferrules and seals were included. They weren't, but Gore was able to send them to me. He used to trade here when it was free, but had a bad reputation for his attitude here too so he left.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.