Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

With the Tour de France only a month away, the eight day Critérium du Dauphiné stage race will be watched eagerly by the pundits and race fans alike as they attempt to read the tea leaves and predict who will be coming to the Tour de France in form and what thier roles in the great drama may be.

While the single ITT (stage 4) and the sprints (stages 3 and 6) will have fairly predictable outcomes, it is the climbing stages that will be watched with the most intensity - these will begin to clarify the muddy waters and reveal who is in form and who needs to get thier training kicked up a notch if they are to hold out any hopes of a podium, top-ten, stage win or a even a jersey at the Tour de France.

Critérium Du Dauphiné 2013: Preview | Cyclingnews.com

Startlists:
2013 Critérium Du Dauphiné Start List | Cyclingnews.com

Startlist Critrium du Dauphin 2013 - CyclingFever - The International Cycling Social Network - Get the Cycling fever!

The Stages:
Stage 1 - June 2: Champéry 121 km
Stage 2 - June 3: Châtel - Oyonnax 191 km
Stage 3 - June 4: Ambérieu-en-Bugey - Tarare 167 km
Stage 4 - June 5: (ITT) Villars-les-Dombes - Parc des Oiseaux 32.5 km
Stage 5 - June 6: Grésy-sur-Aix - Valmorel 139 km
Stage 6 - June 7: La Léchère - Grenoble 143 km
Stage 7 - June 8: Le Pont-de-Claix - Superdévoluy 187.5 km
Stage 8 - June 9: Sisteron - Risoul 155.5 km

Official Web-site (English Version):
Critérium du Dauphiné - 2013

The Map:

Information and Press:
California Results Earn Dennis A Start At Critérium Du Dauphiné | Cyclingnews.com

Ten Dam Spearheads Blanco Line-up For Critérium Du Dauphiné | Cyclingnews.com

Voeckler And Rolland To Test Condition At Critérium Du Dauphiné | Cyclingnews.com

Contador: If My Legs Feel Good, I'm Not Scared Of Froome Or Wiggins | Cyclingnews.com

Sanchez Looks To Make Amends At Critérium Du Dauphiné | Cyclingnews.com

Cunego Chases Stage Win At Critérium Du Dauphiné | Cyclingnews.com

BMC To Focus On Stage Wins At Critérium Du Dauphiné | Cyclingnews.com

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
31,673 Posts
Only _two_ recaps on NBCSports. Thanks for nothing Comcast. I think my contract expires this month - DirectTV here I come!
Pffft you're surprised?

Eurosport streaming FTW.

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, it really was decent coverage. Great race too. I couldnt believe my eyes.
Strange, when I do my "Cycling" search, it doesn't show up...

·
downhill quickly
755 Posts
Yeah, a "Cycling" season pass on the TiVo picked up all these for me too. I actually padded all the recordings by 30 minutes on the tail end, just to be sure.

GREAT leg yesterday.
Yes...watch out for Stanley's overtime Hockey and the "we need to dissect everything ad nauseam" NHL live trailing segment along with the added NHL 36 fillers (at least for this eve).

**above statement made in compliance with the 1999 FCC "Its Not All About Me" sports viewing and entertainment act entitling others to find their sport of choice as important as mine as well as the subsequent 1999 INAAM addendum: "shut-up about your least popular US sport with the lowest viewing demographic as you'll never get prime time and we'll bump it without notice"**

·
Registered
519 Posts
Exactly Don.

I know every stage is listed in our Comcast menu but hockey is an issue if using the dvr. Also, pay attention to the listing because it is not on the same time every night.

I wonder why 2 hours of coverage for stage 1 but only 1 hour for each of the remaining 7 stages?

·
downhill quickly
755 Posts
I wonder why 2 hours of coverage for stage 1 but only 1 hour for each of the remaining 7 stages?
[sidebar on]
Rokh On, last night I finish stage one, and as I'm scanning forward on NBCSN to view future times, my wife hears me scream out suddenly "WTF...a half hour?!!" :blush2: Yes, I had a miss read of the channel guide times (thinking it was 2 hour first stage cut down to 1/2 hour remaining stages). I then found myself in a happier state thinking it was at "least" one hour. Moral (in my case I guess): View twice carefully before screaming and be thankful for what I get
[sidebar off]

A wonderful stage 1...hopefully a precursor to equally entertaining stages that remain :thumbsup:

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
31,673 Posts
Yea, I dont get one hour of show either. Its on at some stupid time of the day so why not do 2 hours? Oh yea, NBC Sports really doesnt care too much.
2 hours would interfere with bull riding and hockey replays. I just stream the Eurosport coverage live in the morning.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
2 hours would interfere with bull riding and hockey replays. I just stream the Eurosport coverage live in the morning.
I'd be with you if I could DVR live streams. I used to have a program that could, but I can't find it anymore and I'm guessing it wasn't exactly legal either.

That was an outstanding stage in terms of the breakaway action. It looked like the GC 'contenders' were all waiting for the 'other guy' to shoot first. Now I'm wondering if we'll see any GC action before the ITT.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Yeah, a "Cycling" season pass on the TiVo picked up all these for me too. I actually padded all the recordings by 30 minutes on the tail end, just to be sure.

GREAT leg yesterday.
Seems I'll have to do this as we missed the end of stage one due to the hockey replay coverage. :(

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.