Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some decisions are easy, some hard. I have two options based on fit for a crit bike that could be used for road racing on occasion; have other options for road races. One is my old Litespeed Vortex and the other is a 7000 series aluminum frame that could be built to similar geometry. These are small frames, around 51cm and I weigh 140lbs. Surely this is an easy decision for some of you but I'm stumped

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
My vote ... 7000 Aluminum

Crit's are perfect for oversized aluminum (opinion only). But really, it is a matter of personal preference.

I prefer the feel of a very stiff frame in a crit. It should be one with tight geometry and no surprises in curves or split second decisions to dive in or around another cyclist. So the most important factor would be that it be a bike that can read my mind. Regardless of the material.

On the dollar wise side of my brain....
While I don't crash (knock on wood) in every crit I enter, I expect it to be a high possibility that I may. I can get good (but disposible) 7000 aluminum frames all day for less than say $250.00 or so...I don't see too many Vortex frame sets going for that money...

But if you feel better and can ride the Vortex better...than that is the bike of choice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts