Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
J V is an amazing rider, kind of like the Energizer bunny. He just keeps going & going. I am glad to see Danny P on the podium. Garmin is having a nice run this year.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
Marked man. Drives the break for 100k+. Drops his companions and solos in.
Then a couple hours later, puts out a world class TT.

I believe the word in German is "studenheimer"

·
Administrator
13,009 Posts
Three in a row!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Wet towel alert:
Jens is truly awesome. But, this race is getting kind of silly. A flat stage that serves no other purpose than to make sure you are in the bunch for the next days start. A short hill stage with virtually no real sort-out climbs. And a pro-logue TT, same day that also wont sort out much. Nice field by the way. A flat stage with no real marquee sprinters and a "hilly" stage with no real climbers. I still enjoyed it.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Any highlights? I didn't get a chance to watch it.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Bunch sprint won by Jimmy Casper (bet you cant name his team) followed by nobody in particular. Jens wins short hilly stage by a few seconds over I cant even remeber his name. And an 8k TT. I hope this was just a down year, participant wise.

·
Administrator
13,009 Posts
Plus it was in full glorius HD for me. Versus HD FTW! Although that stupid race car sound got old fast. . . .

·
Bamboozled by love...
417 Posts
Why?

Now, since Jens had won four times previous, WHY, WHY, WHY would the field allow him to make the break on Sunday's 'hill' stage? Geez, I mean EVERYONE should have been glued to his wheel, knowing he was going to try and make the break.

Of course, it's easier said than done to hang with Mr. Voigt (I MIGHT be able to hold the wheel on a 10% down grade for a couple of seconds, if I'm REALLY lucky and JV's running a 104 fever that day), but c'mon, if I were a DS in that race, my #1 instruction over and over would be: MARK JENS!

Make no mistake, I love Jens and how he races, but geez, it's almost like everyone was resigned to Jens winning without any significant struggle.

·
Dopers ruin sport
507 Posts
What a classy bike rider. But really EVERY rider should know what he was going to do. But big props to the big german!!

·
la dolce vita
2,316 Posts
mleptuck said:
Now, since Jens had won four times previous, WHY, WHY, WHY would the field allow him to make the break on Sunday's 'hill' stage? Geez, I mean EVERYONE should have been glued to his wheel, knowing he was going to try and make the break.

Of course, it's easier said than done to hang with Mr. Voigt (I MIGHT be able to hold the wheel on a 10% down grade for a couple of seconds, if I'm REALLY lucky and JV's running a 104 fever that day), but c'mon, if I were a DS in that race, my #1 instruction over and over would be: MARK JENS!

Make no mistake, I love Jens and how he races, but geez, it's almost like everyone was resigned to Jens winning without any significant struggle.
They were on his wheel, he pulled away. He deserves the win. He was just the strongest.

·
Registered
198 Posts
roadie92 said:
What a classy bike rider. But really EVERY rider should know what he was going to do. But big props to the big german!!
yah, says more about him that the group. Pretty sure they new what he was gonna do, to bad they couldn't do anything about it.......love the guy.

·
she keep you buyin rats
317 Posts
doctor855 said:
but it wasnt filmed in hd??!!
It appeared to be shot in 576i widescreen (1024x576)... this is euro standard def widescreen. Versus upscaled it to 1080i (1920x1080).

It looked pretty soft... but it was way better than what we have been seeing on so far Versus HD. I'm starting to feel optimisitc about seeing the TdF in widescreen.

I've got a few caps of Eurosport HD and (Austrian) ARD network's HDTV coverage of the '08 TdF... they got a real HD feed. It looked amazing. Totally different viewing experience.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts