Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Right Wing
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sorting through some old files today and dicovered this gem from a few years ago. So at the risk of loosing my anonimity, Critique My Form, I dare ya!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Looks okay to me...
Maybe a bit longer stem to get some more arm extension and to get a bit lower.

·
Registered
727 Posts
merckx56 said:
Looks okay to me...
Maybe a bit longer stem to get some more arm extension and to get a bit lower.
Agreed. can't really tell where your seat is sitting on its rails, but you could probably move it back a few milli's if there is room. otherwise, yeah, add 10 mil's or so to your stem.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
53T said:
I was sorting through some old files today and dicovered this gem from a few years ago. So at the risk of loosing my anonimity, Critique My Form, I dare ya!
are you OTB or OTF? do tell...

·
Registered
896 Posts
hips

your hips need to be rotated back, with more of an reverse arch in your lower back. will take the curve out of your back making it flatter

haiku d'etat said:
are you OTB or OTF? do tell...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't remember seeing you, but I do remember your bike! Funny how that works...

You do look like you are a bit forward on your seat and the stem looks a little short, but keep in mind that this is just one instant, to really judge we would need to see you in motion.

53T said:

·
Registered
76 Posts
PS was this shot taken while you were sprinting, or otherwise putting in a hard effort?

Sweet Milk said:
I don't remember seeing you, but I do remember your bike! Funny how that works...

You do look like you are a bit forward on your seat and the stem looks a little short, but keep in mind that this is just one instant, to really judge we would need to see you in motion.

·
The Right Wing
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys

Sweet Milk said:
PS was this shot taken while you were sprinting, or otherwise putting in a hard effort?
My brand new bike does have more reach, so that should address your (collective) concerns about a longer stem and getting more stretched.

You do not see many yellow/red Waterfords in crits, so I see how you might remeber that one. It is hanging in my basement now, replaced by lighter, less artfull frames.

That pic is from the "old course" at Haverhill, MA. I belive it is the part of the course where you take a dowhill 90 degree right, then sprint to close the gap. So to answer J's I was mid-pack, but we were strung out enough for the pic to be taken!

·
Registered
76 Posts
53T said:
("...SNIP...") That pic is from the "old course" at Haverhill, MA. I belive it is the part of the course where you take a dowhill 90 degree right, then sprint to close the gap. So to answer J's I was mid-pack, but we were strung out enough for the pic to be taken!
I was thinking from the pic that you were putting in a hard effort, which makes it even harder to make a judgment in re. to position on the bike. I do the exact same thing as you, which is to say that I slide forward on my saddle, grab the handlebars in a stranglehold and curve my back.

PS: since I am far from a climber I like the new course lay out much better...

·
Registered
727 Posts
bauerb said:
your hips need to be rotated back, with more of an reverse arch in your lower back. will take the curve out of your back making it flatter
don't forget, he's in the drops. in the hoods his back would be perfectly flat. a little bit of a curve while driving it from the drops isn't the worst thing. i think a little bit of a longer reach would solve all his problems.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Not bad but definately scrunched. Wouldn't know till I saw you on a ride but upon first glance.... As you get fitter you'll stretch a bit. Like others said, seat back, stem longer and check your cleats position afterwards. Nice bike.

·
Registered
957 Posts
heels down?

try keeping a flatter foot throughout the stroke, rather than lifting your heel so much on the upstroke. might result in delivering more power.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts