Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to do a cross-country tour in the spring or early summer 2007. Looking for tour company suggestions.

I want to do it as a supported tour... I don't have three months for loaded touring (or the desire to ride a loaded touring bike). I'm looking for a supported tour, 80-90 mile per day average distance or so (ie., not the America By Bike "Fast America" ride and not the 40-60 mile per day snail's pace).

I sort of want one that includes hotels, but I would consider camping. Cost is not the critical issue, quality is.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Google "Oklahoma FreeWheel 2006"

jtolleson said:
I'd like to do a cross-country tour in the spring or early summer 2007. Looking for tour company suggestions.

I want to do it as a supported tour... I don't have three months for loaded touring (or the desire to ride a loaded touring bike). I'm looking for a supported tour, 80-90 mile per day average distance or so (ie., not the America By Bike "Fast America" ride and not the 40-60 mile per day snail's pace).

I sort of want one that includes hotels, but I would consider camping. Cost is not the critical issue, quality is.
We plan riding this event next June; it usually starts someplace in North Texas and about 8 days later it ends someplace in South Kansas. You can camp out or stay in hotels. All the little towns are eager to greet you--especially the overnight settlements.
I don't know what your speed may be; take along mesquito, tick, and insert repellant. Eastern Oklahoma can be hilly, hot and humid in June.

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
A friend just did an America by Bike tour, and liked it. I'd be picky about the route though. He was on the southern trip, and they spent a bunch of time on highways...not my cup-o-tea. Supposedly it was a well run trip.

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just looking at the ABB website. Yeah, I hate riding on (or even near, like a frontage road) the interstate. ABB looks like just what I've got in mind style-wise.

Any other companies worth checking out?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.