Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any info on how to construct a fly over like theGreen Monster in Louisville KY or the US GP of Cyclocross #4 – Mercer County Park, Trenton, NJ?

My team would like to do one for an October cross race so if anyone knows of one elsewhere please let me know.

thanks!

· More cowbell!
2,729 Posts
You might start by talking to a carpenter. If I recall it was nothing more than a staircase with poorly spaced steps, a platform that was barely long enough to remount, and a scary-steep ramp with a railing on either side. By working with someone who knows how to lay out a staircase properly and putting some thought into your design it should be easy to improve upon the green monstrosity.

· Registered
5,270 Posts
There are probably a thousand things one could do to improve a cross race and course before installing a flyover.

In the World Cups and World Championships, they have the time and budget to do all kinds of things to the course, and do them properly.

· Registered
456 Posts
bunnyhpr said:
Does anyone know of any info on how to construct a fly over like theGreen Monster in Louisville KY or the US GP of Cyclocross #4 – Mercer County Park, Trenton, NJ?

My team would like to do one for an October cross race so if anyone knows of one elsewhere please let me know.

thanks!
the one in NJ was painfully short and quite stupid atmo.
plus they placed it in a part of the course where few cats
were spectating. that defeats the purpose. i think flyovers
are a waste of time and hopefully not a tactic that promoters
use to bring more appeal to the sport. it's fine without it atmo.
e-RICHIE©™®
http://rscyclocross.blogspot.com/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.