Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its still four months away but has anyone got any info about the 06 Cross Crusade schedule, dates/venues? We tried to get our Seattle series slimmed down a bit so we could travel south for some races but unfortunatley its packed every weekend once again (the unofficial schedule that is). It looks like the only possibility is the weekend of Nov 5th. We have our WA State Champs that weekend but its across the state in Spokane & I, personally, would much rather play in the mud with our friends down south. I'm crossing my fingers, praying, begging ect.. that they will schedule Estacada for that weekend. In fact, it was almost unanimous (sp) at our meeting in Feb that we work our schedule around Estacada since we all (seattle folk) love that venue. We'll just have to wait & see I guess.

cheers,
DP

http://www.seattlecyclocross.com/

·
Registered
810 Posts
no info yet. i really wish Seattle and PDX would do some coordination so we could a couple of weekends where Seattle was on Saturday on PDX on Sunday (or the opposite) so we could drive up there and get some more racing in.

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
DPCX said:
IIt looks like the only possibility is the weekend of Nov 5th. We have our WA State Champs that weekend but its across the state in Spokane & I, personally, would much rather play in the mud with our friends down south. I'm crossing my fingers, praying, begging ect.. that they will schedule Estacada for that weekend. In fact, it was almost unanimous (sp) at our meeting in Feb that we work our schedule around Estacada since we all (seattle folk) love that venue. We'll just have to wait & see I guess.
So I've been wondering about that myself. There is a schedule posted on http://www.obra.org but the cross schedule is usually pretty darn tenative this far out. Anyway, here is my speculation about Estacada ... The Cross Crusade season finale is the listed as the Nov 19 USGP date. The state championships are usually the last race of the season but they definitely won't coincide with the USGP. So I'm betting states will be the weekend previous. Since Estacada is usually the state championship race, I'd bet that it is Nov 12. However there are a couple wild cards:

1) Estacada is getting to be small with the increased populatiry of the Cross Crusade. They might run it as a non-championship race to reduce pressure on the venue.

2) State championships are sometimes in Bend.

So there you go. I say Nov. 12 probably. Nov 5 maybe. I posted this exact question on the obra mail list months ago but got no reply.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Phat&SlowVelo said:
11/12 Estacada
11/5 Carver
10/29 yamhill
10/22 Hillsboro
10/15 portland
10/1 portland
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately Estacada is the same date as our double weekend at Ft. Flagler. Its too bad since Flagler is right up there with the best courses I've ever done (including Estacada) so I'm sure I'll be there. Even though we didnt expect an open date for our series on that weekend, we all kind of hoped they would schedule a South SeaTac on the Estacada date since a lot of us race SST every week (Wed Night World Champs) from April to Sept. Several probalby would have skipped SST for Estacada. Oh well, maybe next year. :) thanks

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Phat&SlowVelo said:
the USGP will be in Hillsboro on Nov 19th. I will be there or be in the grave!
What is the Hillsboro course/area like? I think I saw some pics from last year but i cant remember. Maybe I'll check out the website. Rumor has it that the Lacy WA venue (USGP) isn't finalized yet but we do have the OK for Steilacoom just in case, Knapp Time run-up & all......oucH! ;)

DP

·
Registered
810 Posts
DPCX said:
What is the Hillsboro course/area like? I think I saw some pics from last year but i cant remember. Maybe I'll check out the website. Rumor has it that the Lacy WA venue (USGP) isn't finalized yet but we do have the OK for Steilacoom just in case, Knapp Time run-up & all......oucH! ;)

DP
I can't believe they would have the Seattle GP race any place other than Seilacoom. That run-up is pysically the most difficult obstacle I've ever encountered in a cross race.

As for Hillsboro it may be the most un interesting course we do. It's enirely flat with the exception of a dirt mound or two. Also, it's extremely bumpy and slow. In November, it'll be a real slog and bog. It does use a fair amount of cement so it's a cross between a crit and a cross race. What it has going for it is that it's right off a main freeway, has lots of parking and room for vendors. The land itself is a buffer zone between the stadium and the freeway, so the city likely doesn't care what so ever about the mongol hoard stampeeding the grounds on knobby cross tires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.