Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
aka Zoo
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you have an opinion on which cross fork is the best bang for the buck? I need one for my '07 Kona Major Jake to build it up, currently I'm looking at the Easton EC90x but that's a wopping $500, that's more than I paid for the frame. I'm assuming I want a 45mm rake which limits my options a bit more (since retail it comes with the ec90x which is 45mm rake). On the more affordable side I'm looking at the Stella Azzurra Bellagio Cross Fork (which is also full carbon except for the crown) which I can get for about $230, it may be 200gr heavier but not sure if 200gr is worth an extra $300 or so dollars...especially at my level, I mean I'm no pro or anything. So...any suggestions? Should I go for the expensive but lighter and blingier Easton EC90x or go with something like the Stella? There's also the ec70x but that's around $300 and weighs a good 200gr heavier than the Stella (I think because of the aluminum steerer).

Thanks.

·
aka Zoo
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
joey1 said:
I'd get a used Alpha Q cx fork. You can find it cheap on eBay and CL and it's a great race fork.
I've always been told that if there's one thing to stay away from it's used carbon forks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.