Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up some Salsa cross levers and put em on yesterday. No help from Salsa with no install instructions included or on their website. Anyway... how do folks route the front cable and housing, especially between the cross lever and the canti hanger thingy (hanging down off the headset)? I had to loop mine out a bit since the angle from the cross lever doesn' t point any where towards the hanger. But my loop still has a pretty tight turn in it. And the performance is definitely effected. Especially on brake release where the brake releases and then you can see it slowly return to its full "un-brake" position. Thoughts? Suggestions?

And now a real dumb question. I picked up a used road frame with a Record headset and fork included. The fork doesn't have a race on it. I assume it should, right? I'm more of an mtb-er and have never pulled the fork off a road/cross bike to notice if it should have a race. Help?!

Thanks! S

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Real men don't read the instructions anyway...

...or something like that. I've always wound up with a loop of housing on the front brake that seemed tight, too, but it's never affected the return on the lever. Any chance of moving the Salsas outboard a bit (i.e., away from the stem)? If that doesn't help, someone posted a slightly off-the-wall solution on the old 'cross board just before it shut down :( which might bear looking into: http://forums.consumerreview.com/[email protected]@.efe3a65 You might need to bend the hanger a bit to line things up, but it should work.

As a last-chance solution, you could hunt down one of those cable hangers that mounts on the fork.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.