Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for info about any cross races occurring this fall in the Fort Collins area. Some friends and I have been preparing for the Enduro and enjoying the local mountain bike series (sport class) up here in Laramie, and are thinking it would be fun to torture ourselves with some cross races in the fall. We have no cross experience whatsoever, but should all have cheap cross bikes by that time and are gluttons for punishment.

Anyone have any knowledge of upcoming cross races in the area that some complete noobs could join in and have a good time/puke at? I've google searched for info but came up empty.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips guys. Looks like there are a bunch of races further south but not much at all up in the Fort according to ACA. I'm not sure if I'm motivated enough to do 4 hour round trips at this point, but I'll definitely keep a look out for a possible races in the FC area.
cheers

· Registered
336 Posts
I am pretty sure that the New Belgium races are mid-week training races. I wanna say tuesdays.

The frist week of Sept through December their are two races per weekend somewhere in Colo. Boulder is only 50min south of Fort Fun.

· Registered
3 Posts
Some google searching brings up something about cyclocross practice sessions in Laprele park in Laramie this summer. Bill Gorman seems to be in charge of that- I wonder if there are enough people around to come up with something here? I'd like to try out some cross, but dont really want to drive all night to do it- Ft Collins would probably be about it during the week. Guess I better buy a cross bike, huh? :D

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I saw that too. I'm not sure if the page is up to date or not, but I figured if it was still going on it would be a good way to work on dismounting and running across barriers. And its only 2 blocks away from our houses.
That would be cool if we could cook something up here for the fall. Seems like there ought to be enough people here with interest/cross experience. Maybe set up a guerilla course up cactus canyon and use sheep, sage, and metallic debris as obstacles?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wyosam said:
Guess I better buy a cross bike, huh? :D
I just saw a computer being installed on a San Jose at the Pedal House while I was checking out the monocog flight (as I am still out a mtn bike due to silly things like rear shocks). You wouldn't happen to know anything about that would you?:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.