Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone is doing any cross-training. Not necessarliy for cyclocross. Training to improve cycling power and endurance while also training for general fitness. I have looked at CrossFit, and several other programs. There's a Pro90X or something like that on TV infomercials. I want to branch out some. Anyone with experience in any of these programs Any of them worth doing?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just started P90X last week to compliment my cycling. My goal is to become fitter and be more competitive in local races. I'm a beginner Cat-5. P90X is a rigorous program, but if you stick with it and follow the nutrition guide, I think you will find that it will stregthen your core quite a bit and make you a faster/stronger rider.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I run, climb, and lift weights to cross train for the bike. I would always rather be spinning but it makes a lot of sense that you become stronger when being actively involved in multiple sports/ routines.

·
The Cube
1,113 Posts
a little run and swim for sprint tri's, resistance training 3x/week (great for bone health, and I just really enjoy it, but not into big power the way I used to be), martial arts which is great for body adaptability. and of course 5-7 hours cycling/week

all sorts of evidence shows that if training for a certain sport, mixing in other exercise forms boosts overall efficiency and training, and does not take away from the main sport training. mixing it up is better than not.

·
Registered
212 Posts
For me hiking, but l here cross country skiing works well, but if you can't ride than any aerobic activity wil be better than nothing, Star jumps anyone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts