Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I cycle more and more, I'm beginning to get to know what causes what when it comes to discomfort on the saddle. I've got to the point where I know what adjustments to make to correct quite a few things but this recent one has me scratching my head a bit.

I had my bike fit a few weeks ago and ever since then, I've had some pain in my "taint" region. It is very localized not being on my thigh meat or the sit bone area...it literally is directly on the taint only. The pain is not extreme and clears within 20 or so min off the saddle. I have no rubbing or marks of any kind...just soreness in the meaty part.

When I got my fit, he did take my saddle up quite a bit, which has drastically helped some knee pain/tightness after riding. During the fit he also leveled my saddle as it was slightly pointed in a downward direction (nothing drastic).

Now...I'm not sure where to start on this one. To anyone that has had localized discomfort of this nature, was it seat tilt that caused it? Seat height?

I'm contemplating tilting the saddle forward a bit to see if this helps at all...any advice from more expirenced riders?

·
δanned
7,006 Posts
I think you should return to the LBS where you got fitted and explain the situation. You paid a lot of money for a fit, and the LBS has the duty to stand by their services and do everything in their power to correct it.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,299 Posts
As Sauron says, present your case to the LBS...though you may prefer not to actually display the evidence.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you should return to the LBS where you got fitted and explain the situation. You paid a lot of money for a fit, and the LBS has the duty to stand by their services and do everything in their power to correct it.
He actually did it for free...just ran me a bit of $$ for the parts.

I was hoping a minor tweak could fix things.

He definitely nailed the knee issue, it's just this silly crotch issue now. I noticed some pressure on that area once he adjusted the seat but I wrote it off to me not being used to the fit.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You get what you pay for. Are sex change operations free on the NHS?
LOL...im not sure what NHS means.

He is a BG Fit cert guy...but his love is clearly with mountain biking.

I probably should have known something was up when he kept using the same pre set torque wrench to tighten everything down. When I got home, my seat was off to the left, my handlebars were off to the right and nothing was torqued to spec (everything was under torqued).

To satisfy my curiosity, I leveled out my bike and surprise, surprise...the seat was out of level favoring the front being higher than the rear.

I fixed it slowly, trying out each adjustment and after tinkering with it a bit. I landed up taking it past true level having the nose just slightly tilted forward...even with the new seat height (a good inch higher than it was before the fit), getting back on the bike (even sans riding shorts) the pressure in my crotch is now gone.

Well try this out and see how it works...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Chamois Cream? Do you use it? If not, you should invest in some and try that before you tinker with your fit.

It could be your Chamois as well, I have noticed that when I lose weight, I have to remind myself to wear a smaller size set of bibs to keep the crotch area from bunching which makes things uncomfortable.

MM

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chamois Cream? Do you use it? If not, you should invest in some and try that before you tinker with your fit.

It could be your Chamois as well, I have noticed that when I lose weight, I have to remind myself to wear a smaller size set of bibs to keep the crotch area from bunching which makes things uncomfortable.

MM
Sure do...I'm currently enjoying the luxurious feel of Enzo's...great stuff. I'm not having a problem with being raw or rubbing. It's definitely the feeling of having serious pressure put right on that spot. It's also the same way no matter what riding shorts I wear.

I'm no expert (not by a long shot) but I'm pretty sure he just had the saddle out of level. Like I said a few min ago, a slight tweak and that feeling of pressure is gone. Ill try it out more this week and see what happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.