Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Soul Mining
390 Posts
I used to use one of those Pedro's blowout bags, but my thighs rubbed the thing after I bought a new seatpost.

These days I just throw it all in my jersey pocket -- tube(s), patch kit, multi tool, chain tool, tire levers. The pump attaches to my frame.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
MountainSmith and Jandd bags.

I sweat too much to carry anything in my pockets besides reading glasses in a hard plastic case. The bags I use are narrow and ride up close to the seat so they don't eat my shorts.

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
Plastic Zip-Loc

Those Crwon Royal bags come in handy. We us one for the Scrabble tiles. For mey jersey pockets, I use a Zip-Loc storage bag - quart size. I also use one of my water bottles depending on the ride and availability of water. The wife prefers those seat mounted water bottle holders, so the down tube water bottle serves as storage container.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I found one of those last year

Was out for a ride and I saw it on the side of the road as i went past. Unmistakeable. Also knowing some folk like to stash valuables in them I turned around and went back. It was like finding buried treasure. I picked the bag up, empty. But I still looked around in the grass for 10 mins or so just in case the booty came out of the bag and was laying on the side of the road waiting for me to find it. Took it home, washed it up and now I keep something of value in it I think, if I could only remember where I put it.

·
Big is relative
11,901 Posts
I keep my stuff in the Thomson bag that my seatpost came in. I put the bag inside the seatpost bag on the race bike or in my rack bag on the commuter. It makes it easier to swap stuff between bikes. I have a CO2 trigger thing, two 16g cylinders, multitool, tire tool, and a patch kit in it. Tubes stay with their respective bikes.

·
Registered
432 Posts
You guys all struggle too much. Which one of you races all the time? As a recreational rider that can keep up with lots of riders I have a rack and rack trunk. I hate having things in my jersey pockets. I like being able to carry fruit with me. I like having lunch with me or whatever. I don't need to have creative ways of stashing the essentials. Besides, it's behind me and I can't feel it back there.

·
Banned
6,492 Posts
Carradice bag the size of a carry-on

smsunman805 said:
What do you guys use for a repair kit pouch? You should see the reactions I get when I pull that purple sack out of my jersey.
Everybody laughs and points, and then they come creeping up and say, "Hey, you got room in there for my jacket/armwarmers/sandwich/camera/Sunday New York Times/tent/folding chair?"

·
n00bsauce
13,627 Posts
I use a Salsa bag that one of my stems came in, but only in my MTB seat pack because it's too big for my road bike seatbag. I also use an Innovations bag I found on the side of the trail while mountain biking. It was loaded with a CO2 cart, head, patches and tire levers. It works great for my road bike bag and keeps pointy/metal stuff from wearing on my tube.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.