Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Racial Profiler
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone used *CSP to report aggressive drivers?

Normally I would blow it off, but this time I had to.

Last night - riding along a 3 mile straight, empty stretch. Guy comes up behind me blaring his horn. He blows around me - about a foot between the side-view mirror and me.

Totally unnecessary. There was NO ONE around for miles. I didn't get the license plate number, but saw him pull into his garage a half-mile up.

Got his address, and lodged a complaint with CSP. According to the tax records, he is a developer and owns about 7 million worth of property around here. Should be interesting to see what CSP has to say.

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
wasserbox said:

Last night - riding along a 3 mile straight, empty stretch. Guy comes up behind me blaring his horn. He blows around me - about a foot between the side-view mirror and me.

Totally unnecessary. There was NO ONE around for miles. I didn't get the license plate number, but saw him pull into his garage a half-mile up.

Got his address, and lodged a complaint with CSP. According to the tax records, he is a developer and owns about 7 million worth of property around here. Should be interesting to see what CSP has to say.
please follow up if you hear anything. I hate idiots like that.

· Registered
60 Posts
wasserbox said:

Where were you riding? Just curious. I don't like drivers like that either.

· Racial Profiler
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BKRyan said:
Where were you riding? Just curious. I don't like drivers like that either.
Just north of Durango.

Got off the phone with CSP - said they have gotten several complaints on that stretch of road, and they would go out and see if they could have a chat with the guy. Probably no ticketing involved.

I was actually pretty happy at my self-restraint. Guys' yelling, flipping me off, honking. I just waved at him. Normally I get a little more... assertive with people :)

· "El Bwana"
4,419 Posts
The policy is to send a a letter after the third report of aggro driving. Any more after that CSP will stop by for a chat.

Good luck.

· Registered
60 Posts
wasserbox said:
Just north of Durango.

Got off the phone with CSP - said they have gotten several complaints on that stretch of road, and they would go out and see if they could have a chat with the guy. Probably no ticketing involved.

I was actually pretty happy at my self-restraint. Guys' yelling, flipping me off, honking. I just waved at him. Normally I get a little more... assertive with people :)
Yeah, sometimes I am pretty bad about the yelling back at them or flipping them off. I try to tell myself to ignore them, but sometimes I cannot resist. The wave is a good thing because I think it gets under the drivers skin!:)

· It's not TOO Cold!
2,497 Posts
People are pretty ammune to the Bird.

I find blowing them a kiss much more effective. ****-phobe red-necks really can't handle that from a guy wearing spandex.

· Racial Profiler
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bocephus Jones II said:
please follow up if you hear anything. I hate idiots like that.
Hey BJ - did you hear about the potential RTR reroute?

http://www.cottonwoodpass.net/

Rumor has it that we're going over Monarch instead. A nice, fat 110 mile day :)

Ya Hoo!

· Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
wasserbox said:
Hey BJ - did you hear about the potential RTR reroute?

http://www.cottonwoodpass.net/

Rumor has it that we're going over Monarch instead. A nice, fat 110 mile day :)

Ya Hoo!
I emailed RTR and they said they had started plowing and hoped it'd be ready by the 20th..hope so. I don't need a 110 mile day. I don't think I've ridden more than 50 mile/day yet this year. :rolleyes:

· Diphthong
4,989 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
I emailed RTR and they said they had started plowing and hoped it'd be ready by the 20th..hope so. I don't need a 110 mile day. I don't think I've ridden more than 50 mile/day yet this year. :rolleyes:
I was up Cottonwood Pass a couple of weeks ago. The snow was too deep 6 miles from the top (on the east side).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.