Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here any details about two people on a group ride in CT getting hit by a vehichle? All the info I got was 2 people on a group ride got hit this past weekend, vehichle (truck?) kept right on going. One guy life-star helicoptered out the other taken away in an ambulance. If anyone has any info on any of it i'd be curious to know the details...particularly a description of the truck assuming the driver still hasn't been caught. I'm not exactly sure where it happened but i think the group left out of rock n' road so somewhere around old saybrook, essex, etc.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all the info i have heard on it is second hand...there is a chance something got messed up in the telling and retelling process. I was surprised to hear that it was out of rock n road to be honest...they are always pretty good about keeping the group slow and circling back for stragglers in my experiance.

....at any rate, maybe out of a different shop. Seems to me like something that should have made the news and everyone in the state should know about it. Truck hits two riders badly enough to send them to the hospital...one in a helecopter...and then the driver takes off and the powers that be decide no one needs to hear about it...kind of stinks

hope everyone involved is ok...except of course the driver

·
gastarbeiter
1,524 Posts
this what you were referring to?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/44179/westbrook_bicyclists_struck.html

Westbrook Bicyclists Struck
Hit and Rit on Route 1 Leaves Police Looking
By Corey Sipe
Jul 09 2006 06:15PM

WESTBROOK – John Washington and Steven Degray from Clinton were riding bicyclists south on Route 1 before they were struck by a vehicle who hit them near the Westbrook/Clinton line on June 29 at 11:10 p.m.
The incident happened north of the intersection of Broadway North and Route 1.

The vehicle that struck the two is described by Connecticut State Police as a “small black car, possibly a Honda, should be missing a right passenger door mirror, and possibly have front end damage.”

After striking the two bicyclists, the driver did not stop and continued to drive southbound on Route 1 into Clinton.

Degray was treated and released from Shore Line Clinic in Essex while Washington was transported to Yale-New Haven Hospital in New Haven with serious head injuries.

Investigation into this incident is ongoing and police are asking anyone with information regarding this incident to contact Trooper Williams at Connecticut State Police Troop F at 860-399-2100.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.