Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· your god hates me
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a cue sheet to get from the George Washington Bridge to the South Orange, NJ area? Attending a Memorial Day barbecue & it just wouldn't be a party if I didn't arrive all spandexed & sweaty!

Thanks.

· tdiclub Member
417 Posts
here's my route:
GWB NJ, left onto 505 to Bigler St? (up the minimal hill and bear left down the hill, follow the flow of traffic). And back onto 505 south, follow along the Hudson River through Fort Lee, Edgewater, Weehawken and into Hoboken. 505 is River road. At the intersection of 505/ River Road and Port Imperial Blvd. Stay straight on Port Imperial, 505/ River goes up a hill, its easier to stay along the water via Port Imperial. Port Imperial becomes Ferry Blvd, this end into a little intersection where you bear left, travel 100 ft or so and make a right onto Waterfront Terr. Make right at the light on 19th street. ***** lumber will be on you right, travel across the intersection and make a left onto Willow ave and go over the Willow Ave bridge. Left onto 14th street and up the 14th St viaduct. Left on Paterson Plank Road, right on Congress, follow Congress cross town and make left on JFK/ 501/ Kennedy Blvd. Follow Kenndedy blvd untill you pass 139, next right be St. Pauls Av, make right on St. Pauls Av. At bottom of hill cross train tracks and make left on Charlot Av. This brings you to the intersection of 1/9 and 7. Make right on RT 7, travel over metal grate draw bridge and follow into Harrison. Rt 7 becomes Newark Jersey City TPK and Harrison Ave. BEAR LEFT at fork, this is a three lane turnpike/road the speed limit is 50 and that means NJ drive cruise at 70. At this fork you end traveling on 7 and pick up Newark/ Jersey City TPK/ Harrison Ave. You will pass a USPS sorting center, pass the entrance to 280 and pass an entrance to NJTPK. Newark Jersey City TPK/ Harrision Ave brings you into Harrison, travel through Harrison and go over the Harrison Bridge. This brings you onto Bridge St, Newark. Follow Bridge St and cross Broad St. going against traffic onto Washington St, follow for two blocks and make a Right onto Central Ave. Follow Central Ave through Newark, through East Orange and into Orange. Make a Left onto Clinton, Sanford or S. Harrison(S. Harrison becomes Center St). These three roads put you Orange Ave. Follow Orange Ave past Seton Hall Univeristy and into Downtown South Orange. Ending at the corners of Orange Ave, Irvington, Scotland Rd and Valley, right near the S. Orange train station.

Time: It takes me 40min to travel from Jersey city to GWB and 40min from Jersey city to Orange. Total 1h20m. aprox 34m?

Advice: Roads are rough with plenty of traffic. Signage can be missing, turned around and at the best is poor. Mind the broken glass and debris. Newark can be a tough city, I have not had any trouble cycling, but please keep it in mind.
I use tufo road tires w/ tufo sealant injected, I have not had any flats. There is no where to pick up spare tubes. The traini; lightrail, PATH and NJ transit are along this route. Be safe.
Eric. pm me for questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.