Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Thanks for posting. I saw this recall when it came out. Cuisinart's web site got hammered but I eventually got through. Scary thing is that if the blade had broken, I would have attributed it to old age or the dishwasher.

Here's my DLC-7 blade-o'-death. Made in Japan, not China like the recall states, but has the rivets.

Brown Photograph White Technology Grey

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Checked the blade on ours, it's only about 2 years old, no dishwasher/moderate use. One cracked rivet.

Love this thing, it's a shame we have to return the blade.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
oh dear, I guess I really have changed. Never would have predicted I'd see the day I had any interest in a thread titled Cuisinart Recall but here we are.
I just have a few of their pots so no problem.

·
Use my Apps :)
959 Posts
Thanks!

very surprised to see my old, old model is in the list. Put myself on the list to get a new blade. Wonder how long that will take...

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
We have one, too. After the website freed up after the initial rush, it was easy to put in the claim. I don't plan to stop using it while awaiting the replacement blade -- we've been using it heavily for probably 10 years, including many trips through the dishwasher. I'll just keep an eye on it. They sold 8 million units over the course of 20 years, and have had about 70 reports of people finding bits of metal. Even if you assume undetected/unreported by a factor of 10, that would be 700 failures, or less than 1 in 10,000. I'm not overly concerned.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh dear, I guess I really have changed. Never would have predicted I'd see the day I had any interest in a thread titled Cuisinart Recall but here we are.
I just have a few of their pots so no problem.
LMAO hilarious!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Boobies!
8,170 Posts
Thanks guys--just ordered a new one.

Funny thing--I have an orginal Robo Coupe (from before the Cuisinart rebranding in the US) that I still prefer to the DLC-8S that I ordered the new blade for. Of course the original was made in France and has a one piece Sabatier blade....

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
If you asked for a replacement then you should have received the following last week. Unfortunately, there's no time frame.

Thank you so much for your ongoing patience. We want to keep you advised of the status of your free Cuisinart replacement blade. Our blades are fabricated using precise manufacturing processes, which of course means, that they take some time to produce. We are producing new blades as rapidly as possible to meet the demand resulting from this replacement program.

When your blade is about to be shipped, we will send you an email so you can anticipate when it will arrive to the address you indicated on your replacement blade registration. In the meantime, you are able to use all other cutting implements and accessories that may have come with your Cuisinart food processor.
I was wondering how much this is costing them.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you asked for a replacement then you should have received the following last week. Unfortunately, there's no time frame.

I was wondering how much this is costing them.
Yeah, Igoit that email. No replacement on the horizon I guess. I used it plenty for holiday cooking, so far I'm pretty sure no one died, at least not yet, or at least not from that? I'd be lying if I didn't admit to checking the blade both before and after I used it though...

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
The only item I have from the company is the digital toaster. LOVE IT!

·
Registered
921 Posts
The only item I have from the company is the digital toaster. LOVE IT!
I've had that too,it broke after 6 months...I mean WTF. Sent it for repair and I was asked 40 euro for S&H or Euro 100 for a new model,so I told them to throw it away,it was a present from my ex wife so no big deal.
Bought the water boiler 2 years ago and it stopped working for whatever reason,only to come back to life 10 minutes later,it was not a matter of power/plug or whatever. As soon as it'll broke I'm done with this brand,way too pricey and bad quality. And yes,my 2nd marriage is going strong..

·
Proud luddite
7,227 Posts
I told my wife about this and how I checked our blade to find out we're safe because it's not a riveted blade. She nicely reminded me that ours is a Kitchen Aid. Go figure. 😀

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
I told my wife about this and how I checked our blade to find out we're safe because it's not a riveted blade. She nicely reminded me that ours is a Kitchen Aid. Go figure. 😀
Ha. You mean she didn't say, "Look at the freakin' label, you idiot!"?

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Bought a nice, bushy basil plant today. Would love to make some pesto. Wish they'd hurry up with mah new blade.

Would be faster to take the whole thing back to Bed, Bath & Beyond and get an entirely new replacement machine (even though we got it at Macy*s, but we don't have the receipt anymore.)

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Bought a nice, bushy basil plant today. Would love to make some pesto. Wish they'd hurry up with mah new blade.

Would be faster to take the whole thing back to Bed, Bath & Beyond and get an entirely new replacement machine (even though we got it at Macy*s, but we don't have the receipt anymore.)
We've kept using the old blade. I'm not especially worried about it. I inspect occasionally for cracks. No sign of problems.

You will not get a replacement blade for months. I signed up in December. Nothing has come yet.

I made lots of pesto with the machine last summer ;-)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts