Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CULTCROSS. Anybody here going? Wondering what I should expect besides suffering. I recently got a cx bike and would like to attend this event, but in all reality, i don't have alot of fitness going on yet. ( a few 60 mile rides at good pace ) Should I just wait till fall to race? Never have done cross before, and I haven't raced road since 1990. Opinions anyone? Thanks -Jarred

·
Registered
55 Posts
You wont have done a race until you've done a race. You know what I'm saying?

Just go for it. Getting one out of the way now, even if you suck, will make it so much easier to get out there come Fall.

Here's a little motivation for you!

Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm planning on doing the one on the 22nd, but am going to miss the one on the 15th. I think that one, or both races, would be a perfect cross race for your first time.

These will be pretty low key for cross races in the area, and I'm sure that anyone you talk to up there will be more than happy to give you some pointers.

I missed these races last year, but it looks like you can expect some snow, some mud, some fun competition, and some good cheap beer.

Get out there and do it, get bit by the bug, and come out swinging full force come fall.

Good Luck! And if you see a tall red-headed dude on a Yeti, say hi.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts