Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always had upgraditus. A part here, a part there, and about once every 2 or 3 years I've completely upgraded a bike to a new form. Or upgraded to a new frame, which is like a new bike, with old parts. Or something...

I came into a used Merckx frame this Spring, less than a month after springing for my latest dirt ride (yes, my bike talk ususally includes talk of suspension and knobs and such). The price was right, I couldn't pass it up. So, it hung in my garage for months. I'd come close to springing for the parts several times, but there was always something needed for one of the other bikes in the fleet.

Finally, this week, after some exchanges of emails and phone calls, I placed the order. Saturday came, I stopped by the shop and picked up everything I needed. Here's the scene at home, everything needed to start the process.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Part II

So I didn't upgrade so much as I assembled all the pretty parts at once.

It came together great, and I had a little shakedown cruise tonight. Marvelous. Superb. Needs a little front der adjustment and it's a perfect 10, in my book. Except for my poor choice in tape color. Fortunately though, I botched the job and can choose again on my next order.

Here's the completed beauty, plus a picture of the clutter in my workspace. Note the curse of the blue and yellow bikes. Not in the picture is my honey's blue bike, and my blue with yellow panelled cross bike. Ugh. Note to self, next bike can't be blue or yellow.

Special thanks to Redstone Cyclery who listened to me promising to order bike parts for 6 months, and then worked hard for the last week to make sure I was ordering the right stuff. You rock Dave.

Thanks for looking and reading!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.