Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kind of new to the sport and i have a Trek 1000. I can sprint at about 27 mph on this bike. I am curious of how fast I could go with a more race built bike?????

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Depends

rider22 said:
I am kind of new to the sport and i have a Trek 1000. I can sprint at about 27 mph on this bike. I am curious of how fast I could go with a more race built bike?????
If you got a bike with aero wheels, you might be able to go 0.4 mph faster. Otherwise, the bike will not make much difference.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
you'll add 2mph to your speed for sure.

but this has nothing to do with the bike and more to do with you getting out on it more because its your brand spanking new pimping fly ride!

spriting is so much more about your legs. And extra 3 lbs onthe bike wont' make much of a diffrence in a sprint. Climbing or long rides are a total diffrent story. Also the treck 1000 is alum. right? Alum. has a pretty short fatuge life and the comfort after being in the saddle for an hour before your crit sprint might leave you feeling more beat up then in a nice plush new bike. But then again, i'm still racing my masi with 853 tubing. a bit heavy but i did just buy some real roadshoes and pedals (been racing on my old mountain bike shoes and pedals)

A lot of new 'bling' is just that. Marketing ploy. But if it makes you enjoy riding more its worth it right? It's all in me head, its all in me head

1 - 3 of 3 Posts