27,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
USA has 15,500 curlers.

Canada has 1.1 million.

A lot of curling going on up there, eh?

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
What else is there to do there besides curling, hockey, and drinking Molson, eh? ;)

·
I'm not like anyone else
1,796 Posts
dr hoo said:
USA has 15,500 curlers.

Canada has 1.1 million.

Deduction:

Canada has shorter summers, longer winters, which equates to more frigid temps, ice covered everytihng and thus more boredom!

It's either more sex or curling...

with long winters, sex becomes ... ____________ to curling.

:)

·
my legs hurt
1,012 Posts
Kram59 said:
What else is there to do there besides curling, hockey, and drinking Molson, eh? ;)
according to that molson ad a few years back, they spend a lot of time chasing beaver...
which reminds me, they have strip clubs...really good strip clubs in some places...and that really cute bartender right outside mt sutton, they have her too.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
everydaybike said:
Deduction:

Canada has shorter summers, longer winters, which equates to more frigid temps, ice covered everytihng and thus more boredom!

It's either more sex or curling...

with long winters, sex becomes ... ____________ to curling.

:)
yup...ice fishing and curling are testaments to bad marriages everywhere. When sitting in a cold ice shack in the middle of a frozen lake becomes more interesting than being at home then you have to admit your relationship isn't too great.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
dr hoo said:
USA has 15,500 curlers.

Canada has 1.1 million.

How did this sport begin? You gotta think lots of alcohol was involved. I mean come on...a rock on ice and brooms? Reminds me of the games I made up as a kid hitting the tennis ball against the side of the house. Kept adding rules until it was interesting.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
The wine country town of Sonoma (Pop 20-30K)

I think has more Petenque players than the rest of the US combined. What else ya gonna do while you are drinking wine and eating cheese? So the popularity of a sport like Curling and Ice fishing matches the environs of the Great wHITE nORTH quite nicely

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
The J's just turn't off the lites and loaded a DVD and is about to start curling himself.

wait, that's not what you meant, was it?

those curling tat pics got The J's all f*cked up.

apologies.

:rolleyes:

·
I'm not like anyone else
1,796 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
yup...ice fishing and curling are testaments to bad marriages everywhere. When sitting in a cold ice shack in the middle of a frozen lake becomes more interesting than being at home then you have to admit your relationship isn't too great.
Oh Sh!t... I forgot the ice fishing.

Even though I love fishin, I'd rather be sugged up with a/my sweetie than a cold fish or a chunk of polished rock anytime.

Unfortunately, at this time, the fish could dredge up some excitement.

The rock... ???

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
The J's was all /ed up WAY before that, wasn't he??? :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) :p :p (lots of emicons cuzz I know the J's luvs em much!)

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Kram59 said:
The J's was all /ed up WAY before that, wasn't he??? :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) :p :p (lots of emicons cuzz I know the J's luvs em much!)
dude, i just started drinking at work. the guys i work with suggested it.

/ing works great. my "performance" is suffering, but WGAF?

word.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts