Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and a damn good thing, I started bleeding on stuff at 7:00 am and didn't quit until 6:00 pm
What a mess....BIG job but it is under control now.

·
It's complexicated
1,418 Posts
Ginimey Christmas, dude! first a hematomato, now this! That's it, you can't play with sharp stuff no moar.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Put down the big kids' toys. I repeat, put down the big kids' toys. Now step away from the toys.

In other news, a man by the name of Touch O' Gray, was recently apprehended for a moreon in unlawful posssion of power tools...

But really TOG, that's a lot of work. I had to (or rather, my brother had to, ha ha) rip out a section of deck, siding and joists because some idiot put the deck in by attaching it to the house. Therefore, all the moisture got sucked right into the rim joist and rotted it. Fun times.

What's your story here?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Have momma watch all that long hair around the power tools. Things can get real ugly, real fast. BTDT, when back in my younger days I had long hair. Got wrapped up in a 1/2 inch drill one day. The guy I worked with had to cut it out with a razor knife. Good times.:)

·
...?
1,481 Posts
I got my hair caught in a carribeaner while belaying someone in gym class. (My high school had an indoor climbing wall and outdoor ropes course) I was lowering some guy down from one of the outdoor structures when it happened, and he was stuck hanging about 10ft off the ground while my teacher got me untangled. He was NOT happy.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OldEndicottHiway said:
But really TOG, that's a lot of work. I had to (or rather, my brother had to, ha ha) rip out a section of deck, siding and joists because some idiot put the deck in by attaching it to the house. Therefore, all the moisture got sucked right into the rim joist and rotted it. Fun times.

What's your story here?
Well, this door is on the second floor on the north side of the house so it takes a LOT of weather abuse. I flashed it BUT, living in the woods, the rain gutters get plugged in a pretty big hurry and they seem to DUMP right in front of the door so it gets a lot of splash. The jamb started to rot then the water infiltrated the spot and resulted in the floor damage. I caught it in time to stop SERIOUS damage fortunately. The new jamb is made of a PVC material and is rot proof, It is re-flashed and rubber taped, both and silicone caulked all over, the brick-mould is also PVC and will extend below the jamb and threshhold to provide additional flashing (also will have the living crap siliconed out of it. I left part of the floor opened yet because I don't want to close it up until it is dry, dry, dry.....
The brick-mould will get done today, (currently 4:00 am, couldn't sleep my hands hurt so bad. BUT it's too dark to work on it...lol.

As soon as it is all dry I can close it up and start on the maple flooring...
Oh yeah, and I have 19 bucket loads (not my tractor either, Dale's tractor), of wood piled to be split.

I had to pick up some work in town and stopped to pick up some aluminum coil stock and a new razor knife and the little girl checking me out looked at me, covered with dirt and dried blood, looked at the sharp metal and knife with disbelief. I told her, I ran out of stuff to hurt myself with, it was time to re-arm...LOL

Neither of my decks are fastened to (or even touching) my house

my hands hurt...I have two real nice tears in them, one on each hand....oh well....just a flesh wound.....

·
Frog Whisperer
40,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BIGBOB said:
Have momma watch all that long hair around the power tools. Things can get real ugly, real fast. BTDT, when back in my younger days I had long hair. Got wrapped up in a 1/2 inch drill one day. The guy I worked with had to cut it out with a razor knife. Good times.:)
I keep mine tied back but my wife knows everything.....besides, I bought a new razor knife.

·
22 going on Ancient
373 Posts
randi_526 said:
I got my hair caught in a carribeaner while belaying someone in gym class. (My high school had an indoor climbing wall and outdoor ropes course) I was lowering some guy down from one of the outdoor structures when it happened, and he was stuck hanging about 10ft off the ground while my teacher got me untangled. He was NOT happy.
And this is why the BSA requires scouts to tie their hair back and tuck it into their helmet while climbing. I had to do a rescue last summer when a kid got his hair stuck in a figure eight about fifteen feet into a forty foot rappel. Needless to say I relieved him of about a foot of hair with my knife.

Moral of the story? Friction and loose items of clothing or long hair don't mix.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This hot mug of coffee feels so good in my hands, I hate to drink it

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Strong work but your bird house outside your door looks like it needs to be fixed too.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
naw, birdhouse is fine, they stuffed it so full of nesting material that the side door is bulging opened. After the eggs are hatched and young are gone I am going to move it, but for now...I'll leave them be. They have lived in there for years, (Black-capped chickadees)

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
You bleed a lot. Is it that time of the month for you?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
uzziefly said:
You bleed a lot. Is it that time of the month for you?
it appears that it is ALWAYS that time of the month... I just counted 8 bleeders on my hands from yesterday. Sun's up...time to get back to work.....

·
go up
648 Posts
Shouldn't the treasure be buried out back?

It's out in the open where anyone can find it without a map

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
Well, this door is on the second floor on the north side of the house so it takes a LOT of weather abuse. I flashed it BUT...
This may very well be the first time I've heard someone use house repair as an excuse to get naked.

Okay. It's the second.

Okay, okay. It's the 3,214th.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
10ae1203 said:
nice watch.
thanks, if you hadn't a said that, I'm guessing it would have been a day or two until I realized the date was wrong....LOL

Yeah I like that watch, plain ole spring driven, automatic watch.....I used to wear my pulsar for everyday use but the quartz movement (hands jumping one sec at a time) drove me nuts after like 12 years....LOL)

·
Frog Whisperer
40,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Done...outside

as soon as the "hole" dries out I can start nailing the flooring down

1 - 20 of 26 Posts