Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got my new Curtlo put together and thought I would show a couple of photos. I took it out for a 4 hour ride on Saturday, and the bike rides really nice. I haven't had a chance to test it on any technical type of terrain, so I don't know how it handles yet. I have it set up now for more road riding and gravel path use. During race season I am planning to go with a single chain ring setup. I had a problem with my RD, that is why the cable is hanging down in the one photo.

Specs:
Frame: Curtlo (True Temper OX Platinum
Fork: True Temper Alpha Q
Wheels: Ritchey Comp DS
Brakes: Spooky
Shifters 105 STI
FD: Dura Ace
RD: Dura Ace
Headset: Chris King
Bar: Ritchey Biomax
Stem: True Temper Pro C Stem (100mm)
Seatpost: Ritchey WCS
Seat: Selle Italia Flite

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tires are Bontrager Select Inverts. They seem pretty nice, but I only have one ride on them at this point They have a nice center slick area for road use, and some grippy sections on the sides.

·
Registered
475 Posts
nice I went yellow

gregdogg62 said:
I finally got my new Curtlo put together and thought I would show a couple of photos. I took it out for a 4 hour ride on Saturday, and the bike rides really nice. I haven't had a chance to test it on any technical type of terrain, so I don't know how it handles yet. I have it set up now for more road riding and gravel path use. During race season I am planning to go with a single chain ring setup. I had a problem with my RD, that is why the cable is hanging down in the one photo.

Specs:
Frame: Curtlo (True Temper OX Platinum
Fork: True Temper Alpha Q
Wheels: Ritchey Comp DS
Brakes: Spooky
Shifters 105 STI
FD: Dura Ace
RD: Dura Ace
Headset: Chris King
Bar: Ritchey Biomax
Stem: True Temper Pro C Stem (100mm)
Seatpost: Ritchey WCS
Seat: Selle Italia Flite
I have had my curtlo about 2 years now, Yellow, rides great, it's my only geared bike and my road bike also. I just got a chris king wheel set for road use, should lighten it up some.
Do you plan on racing?? I've raced mine a couple of times but usually prefer to ride the ss cross check, cause I'm not too good at shifting off road, and it means lots of added maintanance to race gears in western Wa cross weather.
enjoy the ride.
PS for good all round gravel road and road tires I recomend the ritchey trail mix in the 35c size , little widder then a michelen jet, but more traction but still with good road grip and a nice roll, but it isn't any taller then the michelin, but it is much more durrable, and cheap, about $13-15

G

·
Lovely bike.

I am eagerly awaiting mine. Doug emailed some piccies this morning and all I can say I can hardly wait to get my greasy little hands on it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Toomany-

That's about the sweetest looking Curtlo I've seen. Is that wet paint (vs. powdercoat)? It will be a shame to put the clunky-looking Curtlo decals on that frame, IMO. Wish they'd offer another font, something more subdued/elegant..

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
looks like Curtlo has gone with the

Plexus-esque swayed seat stays. can ya feel it?

nice rigs.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Oh yea

atpjunkie said:
Plexus-esque swayed seat stays. can ya feel it?

nice rigs.
Doug has been doing the swayed stays as a no cost option for a while, I got em on mine, nice ride, not sure how much difference there is compared to a straight seatstay frame.

G

·
Final price with a custom steel fork, upgrade for two colour paint, braze-ons, stem, headset, brakes and front cable hanger

$1100.

I think that's a pretty nice price indeed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts