Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
So. Calif.
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a USA- or UK-based source for the curved washers, that are under the mounting bolt of braze front derailleurs?

My web searches just turn up a bunch of garbage.

I want to fabricate a chain anti-drop device, similar to pic below, and want to have a few spare curved washers to experiment with. The bent rod is welded to the curved washer.

TIA.

·
Registered
8,799 Posts
How about welding the hardware to a flat washer and mounting it between the existing washer and the mounting bolt.

·
So. Calif.
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
velodog said:
How about welding the hardware to a flat washer and mounting it between the existing washer and the mounting bolt.
Good idea, I'll evaluate this method ... stainless flat washers and rods are relatively cheap & available.

·
So. Calif.
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FatTireFred said:
would a brake washer work?
The ones I usually see, seem too wide to fit in the narrow space , without interferences , on my frameset. Might work on some.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Buy a stainless steel flat washer, and hammer it curved over a mandrel, You might also lay a steel rod of the right radius over the washer and drive them both into a wooden block. The resistance of the wood will form the washer to the rod. Cheap, easy and effective.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.