Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a fairly comprehensive list of custom builders by state online somewhere? Are there any custom steel frame builders in or relatively near Tennessee? It seems like most that I see are out west. As much as I would love a Lynskey, I can't justify the price premium of Ti. Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Head over to Frame Forum (frameforum.org) and you will find a whole slew of builders around you. Kirk Pacenti was in Chattanooga but he just recently moved to Portland. Henry James (as is Kirk) a supplier of frame building parts to other builders, rather than doing much frame building of their own.

If you are willing to wait until February, you should come up to Indianapolis for the North American Handmade Bicycle Show. There you will see up close and personal the best builders from around the country.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have a question about Shamrock Cycles...where are the mountains in Indiana????

Seriously, I've been to Indiana three times and have never seen mountains

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I am already trying to put the NAHBS on my schedule for next year. I would just really like to deal with someone locally, meet them in person, talk with them for a bit, maybe go on a ride with them, etc. Why are so many on the West coast? We just as many on this side of the country. Man I wish Lynskey did steel too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.