Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments! The Cyfac is similar to the Parlee cycles in the sense that they build the joints by hand... With Parlee, we couldn't really show how they did certain things due to trade secrets. I loved both Serotta & Parlee's carbon bikes (I have a serotta one), but they were soooo different. I would be interested to know if two Parlee bikes, made exactly the same (even though there is a person creating the joints), would ride exactly the same. I know a Serotta would due to the CNC process being 100% the same. Just an interesting thought...

·
classiquesklassieker
3,106 Posts
kbainter said:
Thanks for the comments! The Cyfac is similar to the Parlee cycles in the sense that they build the joints by hand... With Parlee, we couldn't really show how they did certain things due to trade secrets. I loved both Serotta & Parlee's carbon bikes (I have a serotta one), but they were soooo different. I would be interested to know if two Parlee bikes, made exactly the same (even though there is a person creating the joints), would ride exactly the same. I know a Serotta would due to the CNC process being 100% the same. Just an interesting thought...
It should not be very hard to make two frames to ride identically. The carbon tubes are all standardized, and so are the resin, wraps, etc. It's just a matter of cutting them identically and putting them together identically.

Changing the number of layers or composition of layers can make a huge difference (this is why the higher-end stuff like Cyfac and Parlee can be really tuned), but otherwise they can be controlled very tightly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
orange_julius said:
It should not be very hard to make two frames to ride identically. The carbon tubes are all standardized, and so are the resin, wraps, etc. It's just a matter of cutting them identically and putting them together identically.

Changing the number of layers or composition of layers can make a huge difference (this is why the higher-end stuff like Cyfac and Parlee can be really tuned), but otherwise they can be controlled very tightly.
Exactly.... "identically", man making things by hand identically is very difficult....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts