Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Burn baby, burn.
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some help.
I am trying to find a sock manufacturer for our team who can meet the following criteria:

- small batches (say 50 pair)
- 7" cuff height
- compression/tight fit
- one size fits most sizing

I really like Swiftwick but their minimums are too high unfortunately.
Defeet is off the table as I have had a number of pair of their socks and the elasticity of them is far too loose.
Sockguy also has no compression style socks and again their minimums are too high.
Champ-Sys offers small batch but their own logo takes up far too much room on the sock cuff.

Anyone have any recommendations?

·
9,790 Posts
Looking for some help.
I am trying to find a sock manufacturer for our team who can meet the following criteria:

- small batches (say 50 pair)
- 7" cuff height
- compression/tight fit
- one size fits most sizing

I really like Swiftwick but their minimums are too high unfortunately.
Defeet is off the table as I have had a number of pair of their socks and the elasticity of them is far too loose.
Sockguy also has no compression style socks and again their minimums are too high.
Champ-Sys offers small batch but their own logo takes up far too much room on the sock cuff.

Anyone have any recommendations?
Those are near-impossible criteria, as I'm sure you know.

Try Lin.

$7 LIN Coolmax Cycling Socks, Biking Socks, Running Socks, Custom Socks, Diabetic Socks, Compression Socks, Hiking Socks, athletic socks, sport socks, bike socks

·
Burn baby, burn.
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
9,790 Posts
Yep, I know I wont find exactly this but as close as possible will be great.
Looked at Lin, they dont do a 7" sock.
Call them.

Since custom socks really ARE custom socks, a lot of companies will make whatever you want.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FTR, did you end up finding something that fit your criteria. I ran into similar issues.

The closest I've found was Verge - VERGE SPORT - CUSTOM CYCLING APPAREL: Jerseys, Shorts and Accessories

But I am concerned with the cuff having enough compression though.

Defeet Aireator needs more compression, Swiftwicks has too high a minimum. SockGuy SGX is ok, their closest version to Swiftwicks, it lasts but I don't like the acrylic construction as your feet get pretty sweaty fast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.