Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the midst of undecalling a carbon frame and wish to have some decals made to be put under the clearcoat. Any online places that anyone recommends? I was thinking of getting only a few made for both sides of the downtube.

TIA.

·
Registered
425 Posts
WWW.TaiGraphx.com

Tai is a cyclist and triathlete. He does great work and quick turnaround. You can specify exactly what you want or he will design something for you. He sends you proofs (e-mail) before you order. Highly recommended.

Mike

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Victory Circle Graphics...

Best in the biz! They do stuff for Discovery/US Postal Team and many pros as well as other professional teams/sports!

Victory Circle Graphics
http://vcgraphix.com/

AJ s the man!

All my stickers are from them. great quality and turnaraound has well as pricing.

They did Helmet graphics, names for frames, chain gaurds and stickers for me.

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
Have in inkjet printer?

I stumbled on theses guys a few weeks ago:

http://www.papilio.com/

I haven't tried any of their inkjet media, but they seem to have a little bit of everything... decals, vinyls, etc. You might be able to DIY quite nicely.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DIRT BOY said:
Best in the biz! They do stuff for Discovery/US Postal Team and many pros as well as other professional teams/sports!

Victory Circle Graphics
http://vcgraphix.com/

AJ s the man!

All my stickers are from them. great quality and turnaraound has well as pricing.

They did Helmet graphics, names for frames, chain gaurds and stickers for me.

Apparently AJ is not the man..he turned down my order as they claim to be too busy... o well, no business from me...

·
Registered
813 Posts
I was going to say vcgraphix.com as well, (as I've bought from them with good success in the past) but it seems theyre "too" good?

jeremy

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I had them do a job for me last year. They do good work. Although lately they seem more reluctant to accept one off small volume jobs -- they seem to be gettnig a lot of large volume orders.

·
MING
419 Posts
fast signs

i took a small order to my local fast signs- a set of 4 decals for a bike that got a meaningful name touring spain this summer; only needed 2, but erred on the side of caution. i took in the file on a thumb drive in a .tiff a .psd and .pdf after having done the 'design' work myself (when i mean design work i played around in photoshop, trying to figure things out. the design and minimum order was waived because i had turned in a printable order. 2 days later 20 bucks i had what i wanted. i think they look pretty good.

pros
local branch for me, no shipping
dude was nice and he was either was good a faking it, or was interested in my project
looks good, the owner gets comments of people never having heard of a cannondale 'valparaiso'
cost/output ratio was great

cons
took a day longer than they said. 2 instead of one, no big deal but i had to go downtown in traffic only to get sent back
dont know if the waving of the min order was a one time thing or if i can do it again.

·
naranjito
785 Posts
what type of decals are those? vinyl? I´ve been thinking about getting some decals done for my frame, and checked out the DIY printer decal paper. The biggest problem seems to be the sensitivity to UV light, ie fading with time. Some people mentioned it lost colour etc after only a few months. Does anyone know if the vinyl decals will fade? Do they need clearcoat? With or without clearcoat, how easy are they to take off?

foz

·
MING
419 Posts
they are indeed vinyl, i went into this knowing jack crap about stickers. so i didnt even think to ask about fading, i guess there are 2 more if need be.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
Those look very nice. I likee.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jeremyb said:
I was going to say vcgraphix.com as well, (as I've bought from them with good success in the past) but it seems theyre "too" good?

jeremy

Apparently, you are correct....

Maybe they should place a disclaimer on the website stating the facts and their status, as reading through the site, it seems kinda misleading that they can handle almost any orders at any given time of the year....

i.e., WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY TAKING SMALL CUSTOM JOBS AS WE ARE TOO BUSY. SORRY.

No biggie... Free market out there, and lots of other companies that will gladly take my cash...

Thanks to all those who responded..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts