Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Custom decals?

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  orange_julius 
Had some made

I went to a local sticker shop and had them scan my signature onto 1mm thick mylar. I had sizes for the down tube and seat tube in a normal bike logo size, a small logo for my top tube back at the seattube junction and my initials for the head tube. Total cost for the project.... $12.43 after tax, and it was done the same day.

Russ

Why bother with the net?

Go to a local sticker shop if one is in your area. You can take your stuff up there, see various options, take a look at their work samples, show them your art and tell them what you want to have made, and they make it. Mine was done the same day... with the net, it would have been a week at the very least. Why bother?

Don't get me wrong, I know some people live in small towns and stuff like that, but why is it that some people would rather trust that kind of work to some faceless company over the net? Go to a local place, meet the people you are giving your money too. Talk to them and there shouldn't be any miscommunication about what you want. And see samples in person to decide if their work is good enough for you. If the rock, or if they suck, at least you know right away. With internet work, you are taking your chances until you get the completed project back. And sometimes you may still have to pay for it if it sucks.

Just my little rant, but there are sometimes when the net isn't the answer. When I want to see the work in person first is one of those times.

Russ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.