Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
With three different arch support options, the Giro Supernatural Fit Kit Insoles work great if you don't want to go the full custom route.
Will be getting a pair of Factor's later this week, can't wait to see how the Supernatural Fit Kit works. I like my eSoles quite a bit however I am having a hell of a time finding shoes that I can wear them in that they either:
1.Actually fit properly because the shoe is relatively flat (not Spec or Fizik)
2.Don't take up so much volume that my mid foot is crushed (Sidi specifically)

I feel like getting shoes to fit will be significantly easier with something like the Supernatural Fit kit for Giro shoes since the shoe is already designed for that footbed in it.

I plan to try the Fizik too since I might be able to wear them without the eSoles due to the high arch which would help my fit issues quite a bit.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Those SOLE look decent however the problem I have with Specialized insoles I think will exist here too. The issue with Specialized insoles compared to eSoles is how "soft" the arch support actually is.

There is a fair amount of give to it allowing the arch to still collapse some. I think this is why the medium arch for Specialized, although being the exact same height as the medium arch for eSoles feels less supportive and like I'm loosing some of that solid connection throughout my whole foot to the pedal/shoe.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Foot Fitness Homepage - We Do Feet

My fitter also represents e-soles but he said that I did not need full custom and he recommended semi-custom from Dynamic Foot Systems. Full foot scan just like custom. I was not having any problems other than noncycling specific orthotics I already had were not as supportive as the semi-custom and scrunched up under hard efforts.
You can get custom cycling orthotics now, and if insurance covers your regular orthotics they may cover the cycling ones. Best decision (along with SpeedPlay Zeros) I ever made.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also look into E-soles. I have been very happy with mine. Price is not to bad around $50 USD.
Trek Online has eSole Complete Kits on sale for $16 - $25 after tax and shipping. I got a set last week, did a couple rides with them and like them so much I just ordered another pair.

I use green Superfeet in all my other shoes but for my cycling shoes, I really like the 4 choices of arch height and the 2 choices of metatarsal pads the eSoles have.

I don't have enough posts to post a link, but just Google 'Trek bikes eSoles Complete Kits sale' and it will be the first result.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.