Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a small batch of custom jerseys for an event coming up.

What places are good for custom gear, reasonable prices and good quality stuff?

·
Burn baby, burn.
2,497 Posts
I have had good luck with several orders via www.champ-sys.com .
Minimum standard order is for 10 pieces but they also have a new option for 5 piecess for an upcharge in pricing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
FTR said:
I have had good luck with several orders via www.champ-sys.com .
Minimum standard order is for 10 pieces but they also have a new option for 5 piecess for an upcharge in pricing.
Same for us, our group uses Champion System. They are easy to work with, prices are good and the clothes are of a decent quality.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
We have used Garneau, Biemme, Craft, and Champ Systems in the past. Champ-sys is the best IMO. The prices are good, and the quality is very good. The min's are the best out there. You have to order a minimum of 10 pieces of one article, like jerseys. But after that you can order singles. Like 1 bib, 1 skinsuit, 1 vest. That rocks.

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
the best thing you can say about champion systems is that they're fast.

the worst thing you can say about them is that their quality is crap.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
I am looking at going with the folks from Mt Borah at customsublimation.com. They have a 6 piece minimum and I actually recognize some of their work.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
botto said:
the best thing you can say about champion systems is that they're fast.

the worst thing you can say about them is that their quality is crap.
When compared to LG and Biemme their quality is top notch.
Especially Biemme.

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
mtbbmet said:
When compared to LG and Biemme their quality is top notch.
Especially Biemme.
when compared to helen keller, and steveie wonder, ray charles had better vision.

·
The Dropped 1
670 Posts
I've got 4 different Champ Sys jerseys and 2 pair of bibs. I've only had most of them for a month or two, but I wear them 2-3 times a week and so far so good. I love the fit.

You may not have the same issues, but as a female I have noticed it is really hard to find a good female jersey fit. Most are too short that fit me (5'8 and pretty skinny build). Men's small stuff is all too big. Our local bike shop went with Canari and I've had 3 jerseys go bad (the material is just coming apart on the sleeves/back and the shorts appear to have a rubbed spot that none of my other chammy's have. The women's jersey is about 2" too short, and the men's jersey is still big on me. Oh well, best I can do.

So, I wear the Champ-Sys stuff that fits quite a bit :)

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Glad to hear the Champ-sys endorsements. We just placed a large order for our local TNT group with them. Vests, jerseys, shorts...

·
Growing Older, Not Up
1,318 Posts
Champion bibs suck. Period. Jersey is ok but quality is just so, so. Did get a LS jersey and that seems fairly decent but not as good a quality as say Pearl Izumi.

·
Burn baby, burn.
2,497 Posts
crumjack said:
Champion bibs suck. Period. Jersey is ok but quality is just so, so. Did get a LS jersey and that seems fairly decent but not as good a quality as say Pearl Izumi.
Sorry that CS bibs did not suit you but they most certainly do not suck. Myself and many other people that I know rate them very highly. I would like to know what you are comparing them to. I am betting whatever they are, they were not fully custom printed bib knicks that cost as little as they did.
On the other side I will never by another pair of PI knicks. They are most definitely not suitable to my backside. I paid big $ for a pair of their highend knicks.

·
Growing Older, Not Up
1,318 Posts
FTR said:
Sorry that CS bibs did not suit you but they most certainly do not suck. Myself and many other people that I know rate them very highly. I would like to know what you are comparing them to. I am betting whatever they are, they were not fully custom printed bib knicks that cost as little as they did.
On the other side I will never by another pair of PI knicks. They are most definitely not suitable to my backside. I paid big $ for a pair of their highend knicks.
Well, glad you managed to find their redeeming quality, low cost. Sora is cheap too...:D

My biggest issue with them is the straps are too short. I am not oddly proportioned and other teammates about the same height (six foot) have a similar complaint. Also the legs like to creep.

I've used Hincapie's custom bibs and liked them. I wouldn't describe them as perfect but the quality is there and worth the extra expense. I notice some others on the team still use the Hincapie bibs with Champ jerseys on training rides. Honestly, my favorite is a pair of mid range PI bibs I happened to find on a clearance rack a few years back.

Champ-Sys is cheap but you get what you pay for...

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
FTR said:
And PI is expensive and you dont.
Gotta agree - bought some PI shorts wore them four times and never wear them anymore - not comfy for longer than 10 miles and cost as much as Castellis, which are 10X as comfortable. Wish Castelli had a custom outlet like Champion or Mt. Borah....

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
crumjack said:
Compared to what.
I have currently
3 differnt pairs of Biemme, all with different chamois.
A pair of Giordana
3 pairs of LG
1 Nalini
1 Santini
1 PI
1 Adidas
and 3 pairs of Champ Sys.

That is just what I currently own, not what I have owned in the past. And none are more than 3 years old. I think it's safe to say that I have a decent idea of what other companies are offering.
The Adidas are probably my favorites, follwed by the champsys. The rest of them I have differing degrees of hatred for. And others (Biemme, Santini, PI) were a hell of alot more than what I paid for the Champs.

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
People seem to be all over the place on Champ Sys - either you love them or you hate them.
I suppose it just comes down to individual preference.

Anybody use Mt. Borah for their custom team wear?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts