Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am between 6'6'-6'7' and was very close to getting a moots (a dream bike) or Seven, when I called S &S and asked them if their coupling system could work with a larger custom frame, they referred my to Leonard Zinn, who after doing some research found out makes custom bikes for larger people (he himself is 6'6"). Does anyone have any experience with a Zinn bike- road, cross, or mountain. I am looking to get a cross bike personally.

Also, what is your experience with going with the custom shop (1-2 person team) vs. a company like Moots, Seven, etc.

Thanks Sam

·
Registered
638 Posts
Given your height and Zinn's reputation, it would be a no brainer in my book, go with him. There is more to building a bike for tall/large people than simply scaling up a smaller frame. Thinks like forks, seatposts, wheels and other items become issues. Zinn who focuses on large bikes and rides them is familiar with what works and what doesn't. If you didn't go with him, Moots would be second in my book.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Copy on the Zinn no]brainer situation. No question @ that.

Plus the bulk (that I've seen) of sevens & moots have riser stems, triple cranks and are being ridden by rich chumps. IMHO of course :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Carlster said:
Copy on the Zinn no]brainer situation. No question @ that.

Plus the bulk (that I've seen) of sevens & moots have riser stems, triple cranks and are being ridden by rich chumps. IMHO of course :)
I grew up in CO and many of my taller friends (uncle raced and is 6'5") said that Zinn is the best when it comes to fitting guys who are your height.

I have a Seven (actually, two: road & mountain), and as nice as they ride (if you can convince them to build it how YOU want it) it comes at a price. And they aren't cheap.

Go with Zinn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts