Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Master debator.
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a set of wheels, and I'd like them by the end of next week if possible. I weigh 180 at 6'0". I'm a strong rider, and the wheels would be for everyday training/ racing use. That doesn't mean they can be 2,000 grams total weight though. My current wheels are a touch over 1,500 grams.

I'm guessing 24 front/28 rear is the best choice for spoke count for me. I don't necessarily need 23mm wide rims, on my current wheels at 19mm with 25mm tires I am just barely squeaking by without rubbing the frame or fork. I have about 2mm a side to spare.

I'd like a custom set, but I don't know if someone could build them up for me that quickly. Right now I'm going to have to put on a set of old Aksiums to get me by for the time being. I could wait, but I don't want to :)

I don't want proprietary wheels, I want a set anybody can fix or have parts for in the shop. I am done with Mavic's and wheels like that that don't use normal spokes.

Suggestions or comments?

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
You can get some November Wheels, stock is Novatech but you can get just about any major hub. Regular spokes/nipples so any LBS can fix them.

Texas Cycle Sports has pretty good prices for quality builds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.