Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought on a whim from Competitive Cyclist
Cutter Road Saddle Pack - Deluxe - Carbon Rail - Competitive Cyclist
Saddle and matching handlebar tape for $36 shipped. I got the silver and black. No idea if it's any good, but looks well built. Geometry is pretty standard. Padding and base stiffness is about the same as the MoST saddle on my Pina.

Weighed in at 159.6 grams (claimed was 160), which shaves 120 grams off the MoST saddle. Not bad for $36.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi AJ88V,

This saddle just went on sale at CC for $26 and I was looking into it. have gotten a chance to test it? if so, can you share what you think about it?
Dang, $26! I might buy a second one. LOL!

Sorry, haven't ridden with it yet. Went off the edge of a curb and sprained my hamstring trying to save the bike. Hoping to be back in the (new) saddle next weekend.

The Cutter seat IS really light. There is concern about clamping on any carbon rail, The seat looks about as well built as any other seat I've owned. Stitching is good, padding ok. Seat shell is thermoformed plastic - not carbon fiber.

The bar tape that comes with it looks really sub-par, and it's heavy. I don't plan on using it unless I fix up a bike pulled from the curb on trash night.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dang, $26! I might buy a second one. LOL!

Sorry, haven't ridden with it yet. Went off the edge of a curb and sprained my hamstring trying to save the bike. Hoping to be back in the (new) saddle next weekend.

The Cutter seat IS really light. There is concern about clamping on any carbon rail, The seat looks about as well built as any other seat I've owned. Stitching is good, padding ok. Seat shell is thermoformed plastic - not carbon fiber.

The bar tape that comes with it looks really sub-par, and it's heavy. I don't plan on using it unless I fix up a bike pulled from the curb on trash night.
There's also version with metal rails + the tape for $11 and change. From the pic, they might even be ti. Search for Cutter and you'll find crazy deals on tubes and U-locks ($5!) too. It's knockoff-quality stuff but for those prices...going to use the U-lock on my kid's 12" BMX.

·
Recycle King
870 Posts
AJ88V, post your review on the comfort level when you have a chance to ride. I am in the market for a comfortable saddle for the 50+mile rides.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just ordered one. Sucked that shipping costed 25$ to ship to Canada... at least I ordered other items. Will post a review too (If it sucks... well at least it was 26$!)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I put it on my bike, but barely had time to ride it. Padding is about the same as the MoST that came stock, but the base is slightly more flexy in the center. Might be good, might be bad. Didn't notice it riding, but haven't ridden it much yet.

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,987 Posts
This doesn't fit the standard clamp for a Ritchey one bolt seatpost. The CF clamp version states 8.5mm, but when I measure the rails on the Cutter saddle they're 7.5mm. Is anyone using this saddle on a Ritchey one bolt seatpost with the CF clamp? I'd like to know it works before I buy the clamp!

·
Recycle King
870 Posts
When you said it feels like a feather, do you mean light or cushioning?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.