Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Thanks for the vid. I thought they were the same. The difference between the two really sounds like the difference between the a road race machine and an endurance one. Marketing is everything. You probably be fine on either one. Just a matter of preference

·
Registered
154 Posts
Geez a half hour video to say 'there are some tweaks that makes most CX bikes slightly better suited to CX and vice-versa'

It drives home it's better just to own one bike, set it up for your needs, and learn its handling quirks.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Geez a half hour video to say 'there are some tweaks that makes most CX bikes slightly better suited to CX and vice-versa'

It drives home it's better just to own one bike, set it up for your needs, and learn its handling quirks.
yes, it's definitely to long for what could be said in a sentence or two.

I've only done practice races for CX and suck at it so I'm far from being an expert but I have done a lot of gravel riding and can definitely see where the needs for cx racing are different from riding gravel roads. Yeah, you could definitely get by with one bike but if money isn't a problem one dedicated to each would be better IMO.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
I have done a lot of gravel riding and can definitely see where the needs for cx racing are different from riding gravel roads. Yeah, you could definitely get by with one bike but if money isn't a problem one dedicated to each would be better IMO.
Agree, high speed descents like mentioned in the video and/or comfort on longer rides vs the need for agility in tight turns are key differences

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
I used to have a hardtail 29er and put a rigid fork on it and did everything from a road century to mtb xc riding. This is back in the days when cx and gravel riding weren't hippity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts