Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
241 - 260 of 338 Posts

·
gazing from the shadows
27,305 Posts
I was just thinking the other day that there should be things like this showing up in this thread, given late spring and trails opening.

that's ridiculous anyone would bring his bike to a shop in that condition or even half as bad. i'd tell the guy to **** right off.
I'd tell him what cx told him, not worth doing, cost being more than the bike was worth. No need to anger someone who is clearly just an idiot.

But this really looks like a case of someone who rode until the bike stopped working, then took it in to be fixed. And by that I mean the owner literally would do that for any reason, and never did preventative maintenance. There are people like that. "It won't X anymore, so time to take it in."

If that's the situation, the actually amazing thing is just how bad it could get before it stopped working.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
CX, please, you gotta uncheck those chain lube multi quotes.
Sorry, I hate that about this forum. It's the only one I've ever seen that does that. I'll try to remember!
Exactly. That's why I keep telling people... forget the homebrew, forget all those fancy new chain lubes. Get ProLink, the one and only Best Chain Lube. ProLink... It's got what chains crave.
Oh Jesus...just stop.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,704 Posts
Sorry, I hate that about this forum. It's the only one I've ever seen that does that. I'll try to remember!
What do you do that causes that?

·
15,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·
If I quote a post, then at some point later in the thread I quote another post the forum automatically includes every post I've quoted in the thread. Before I posted this quote I had to delete the quotes from Spike and someone else...they were above your quote. I've never seen this happen on any other forum and it happens on my work desktop as well as my MacBook at home.

·
Schuylkill Trail Bum
5,152 Posts
If I quote a post, then at some point later in the thread I quote another post the forum automatically includes every post I've quoted in the thread. Before I posted this quote I had to delete the quotes from Spike and someone else...they were above your quote. I've never seen this happen on any other forum and it happens on my work desktop as well as my MacBook at home.
Mac? There's your problem right there, lady.

For a while, I just thought you super-agreed with my opinion about ProLink, the Friction Mutilator, and wanted to share it all the time with all of your fans on RBR.

I began to think of myself as an Influencer, in the dumbly RBR social media context of that word.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
31,074 Posts
Using the multi quote button, toggle it on on a post...and it stays toggled forever, and that post will forever get quotes in your posts...until you untoggle it

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,704 Posts
I don't know how this happens. It never happens to me. Must be an Apple thing.

·
15,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
Mac? There's your problem right there, lady.

For a while, I just thought you super-agreed with my opinion about ProLink, the Friction Mutilator, and wanted to share it all the time with all of your fans on RBR.

I began to think of myself as an Influencer, in the dumbly RBR social media context of that word.
Those Influencers can make some dough.

To post this reply/quote I had to delete the post from Dave G and your earlier post about Pro Link. My work computer is a PC on Windows 10 so it's not just an Apple thing.

·
15,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
Why do people want to convert others to their chain lube regiment? Its like chain lube Jehovah Witnesses.
Exactly. That's why I keep telling people... forget the homebrew, forget all those fancy new chain lubes. Get ProLink, the one and only Best Chain Lube. ProLink... It's got what chains crave.
The Answer.
I don't think so. There are definitely times that I haven't used it and multiple past quotes have shown up in a post. I rarely use multi-quote.

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
I know that any time I haven't untoggled a multi-quote the toggled quote shoes up in my next reply and needs to be untoggled not to show up again.

But then again, maybe you know this and you're really an agent for "ProLink, the one and only Best Chain Lube". Might even be in cahoots with Spike in this endeavor. But this is just speculation on my part.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,704 Posts
I don't think so. There are definitely times that I haven't used it and multiple past quotes have shown up in a post. I rarely use multi-quote.
I still don't quite understand. Can't you just highlight and cut out the part you don't want to be in the reply?

But then again, maybe you know this and you're really an agent for "ProLink, the one and only Best Chain Lube". Might even be in cahoots with Spike in this endeavor.
And remember the CX and I are the same person with different accounts. :D

·
Super Moderator
40,891 Posts
I know that any time I haven't untoggled a multi-quote the toggled quote shoes up in my next reply and needs to be untoggled not to show up again....
Sounds like you have a sticky multi-quote toggle; some Pro-Link dripped on your keyboard will stop that from happening.

241 - 260 of 338 Posts